The Africa ready-to-drink (RTD) coffee market size is expected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period, 2021–2028. The growth of the market is attributed to the busy lifestyle and need for instant energy and a healthy alternative to carbonated beverages.
The changing lifestyle which empower in a quick eating and a developing pattern to healthy dinners with more modest dietary bites have prompted an expansion in the reception of Coffee. Moreover, the pattern of being proactive to ongoing medical issues is making an amazing volume of interest for prepared to drink tea and espresso as they contain cancer prevention agents and other fundamental fixings. Worldwide patterns are advancing toward customized sustenance. Ready-to-drink coffee is a canned or bottled cold drink and is a great choice for a quick lunch.
Market Trends, Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities
- Growing coffee consumption by young and middle-aged peoples is expected to boost the market during the forecast period.
- Rapid growth of the beverage industry due to rise in disposable income and demand for ready-to-drink coffee are major factors driving the market during the forecast period.
- Increasing health and fitness awareness has led people engage in sports, gymnastics and exercise, which in turn has increased the demand for energy drinks and nutritional supplements.
- High cost of farm inputs and unpredictable weather has a huge impact on the price of coffee beans thus affecting the manufacturing cost of the product; this is anticipated to hamper the market growth.
- Increasing stringent regulation on the labeling and packaging of the product by various governments act as major factors that can restrict the market growth during the forecast period.
- R&D investment and manufacturing of new pre and post-workout products that includes caffeine as the main stimulant is expected to offer lucrative opportunities for the market players.
Scope of the Report
The report on the Africa ready-to-drink coffee market includes an assessment of the market, trends, segments, and regional markets. Overview and dynamics have also been included in the report.
Africa Ready-To-Drink Coffee Market - Industry Analysis, Growth, Share, Size, Trends, and Forecast
Packaging (Bottles [Glass Bottles and Pet Bottles], and Cans), Distribution Channels (Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Specialist Stores, Online Retail, and Others)
Regional Scope: Africa
South Africa and Rest of Africa
Company Share, Market Analysis and Size, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors, and Trends, and Revenue Forecast
Key Players Covered in the Report
Starbucks Corporation, Nestle SA, The Coca-Cola Company, DD IP Holder LLC (Dunkin’ Brands), and Fit Brewing Co.
Market Segment Insights
The bottles segment is projected to represent a major market share
Based on packaging, the Africa ready-to-drink coffee market is bifurcated into bottles and cans. The bottles segment is further segregated into glass bottles and pet bottles. The bottle segment is expected to represent a key share of the market during the forecast period owing almost all major players’ focus on giving premium look for packaging to increase sales of the products. In addition, for ease of use, various quantities of packaging are also provided. Bottles are more popular than traditional glass bottles, because of the new technology these bottles can not only store beverages, but also extend the shelf life and preservation. Consumers can heat or cool the coffee as needed. These hot/cold bottles have a convenient carry-on size and are easy to use. The stoppers or caps on these bottles also play an important role because they can maintain the freshness and aroma of the beverage.
The supermarket segment is expected to grow at a robust CAGR
Based on distribution channels, the market is segregated into supermarkets, convenience stores, specialist stores, online retail, and others. The supermarket segment is expected to hold a key share of the market during the forecast period. The emergence of a large number of supermarket chains and the reorganization of retailers around the world have paved the way for increased sales of industrial products and coffee through supermarket distribution channels. On the other hand, the convenience store segment is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. Nowadays, fast-growing demand, shops, fast food restaurants, and gas stations selling premium coffee at affordable prices attract busy consumers by responding effectively to their lifestyles.
The Africa ready-to-drink coffee market has been segmented on the basis of
- Packaging Bottles
- Glass Bottles
- Pet Bottles
- Convenience Stores
- Specialist Stores
- Online Retail
- South Africa
- Rest of Africa
- Starbucks Corporation
- Nestle SA
- The Coca-Cola Company
- DD IP Holder LLC (Dunkin’ Brands)
- Fit Brewing Co.
Key players competing in the Africa ready-to-drink coffee market include Starbucks Corporation, Nestle SA, The Coca-Cola Company, DD IP Holder LLC (Dunkin’ Brands), and Fit Brewing Co.
Some of these players are using several market strategies such as acquisitions, merger, collaborations, partnerships, capacity expansion, and product launches to enhance their market shares and to generate revenue and raise their production line of the business in the coming years.