The global LAN/WAN test equipment market is projected to expand at a robust CAGR during the forecast period, 2021 – 2028. The growth of the market is attributed to rapidly emerging network technologies.
Market Trends, Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities
- Rising demand for test equipment in network installation, maintenance, manufacturing, and research & development is expected to drive the market.
- Development of the private sector is projected to produce huge revenues and maintain high level of profitability through large private agencies and government organizations. This is estimated to fuel the market.
- Vendors are concentrating on quality of service, price, performance, portability, and accessibility of network test equipment, due to high competition in the market.
- Rising demand for video conferencing, fast connectivity, and high bandwidth for multimedia and e-commerce is projected to drive the LAN/WAN test equipment market.
- Advancement of enterprise networks is anticipated to boost the market demand.
- Test equipment vendors need to keep track of changing requirements, minimize product development time, and integrate standards into test equipment designs to maintain sales. This fuels the market demand.
- High demand by large-scale companies installing LAN/WAN test equipment on their premises, as well as the rising need for network performance analysis is projected to drive the market.
- Quality of Services (QoS) has become an essential component of organizations and they rely on several suppliers such as national carriers, equipment vendors, system integrators, and global service providers for high quality and efficiency.
- E-commerce, triple play, and online trading benefits private businesses, owing to rising need for IT networks.
- Security issues such as breaching and leakage losses require the use of test equipment. This is expected to drive the market.
- The need for protecting networks from virus attacks, ominous losses, and hackers is estimated to boost the LAN/WAN test equipment market during the forecast period.
- Lack of skilled workers and ignorance among consumers is anticipated to hinder the market growth.
- Reduction in budget due to macroeconomic conditions is hampering the market growth.
- Most of the budget is spent on IT items such as virtualization, storage expansion, server consolidation, and energy reduction instead of on LAN/WAN test equipment. This is anticipated to hinder the market growth.
- Communication technologies such as Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), virtual private network, ten gigabit Ethernet, and passive optical network support the LAN/WAN test equipment market. This is estimated to boost the market.
- Advancement FTTH bandwidth is estimated to support the growth of LAN/WAN test equipment during the forecast period.
Scope of LAN/WAN Test Equipment Market Report
The report on the global LAN/WAN test equipment market includes an assessment of the market, trends, segments, and regional markets. Overview and dynamics have also been included in the report.
LAN/WAN Test Equipment Market - Global Industry Analysis, Growth, Share, Size, Trends, and Forecast
Service types (Managed Network Design Service, Managed Network Monitoring Services, Managed Network Implementation Services, and Support & Maintenance Services), Equipment Types (Interoperability Test Systems, Stress Testers & Performance Analyzers, Conformance Analyzers, and Protocol Analyzers), Organization size (Small, Medium, and Large), and Regions
Asia Pacific, North America, Latin America, Europe, and Middle East & Africa
Company Share, Market Analysis and Size, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors, and Trends, and Revenue Forecast
Key Players Covered in the Report
Harris Corporation, Agilent Technologies, Ixia, AOIP SAS, Fluke Networks, Anritsu Corporation, EXFO Electro-Optical Engineering Inc., Digital Lightwave Inc., and Finisar Corporation
LAN/WAN Test Equipment Market Segment Insights
The managed network design service segment is expected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period
Based on service types, the global LAN/WAN test equipment market is segregated as managed network design service, managed network monitoring services, managed network implementation services, and support & maintenance services. The managed network design service, which aids in the research and development of LAN/WAN test equipment, is expected to drive the market.
Major factors driving the market are the need for minimizing Operating Expenditure (OPEX) and Capital Expenditure (CAPEX), new connectivity requirements to manage increasing complications in IT, and growing wave of digital transformation.
The managed network implementation service market is further divided into managed IP telephony, managed IP/VPN, managed video conferencing/telepresence, managed LAN/WAN networks, and managed Ethernet links.
The stress tester & performance analyzers segment is projected to expand at a robust CAGR during the forecast period
On the basis of equipment types, the global LAN/WAN test equipment market is fragmented as interoperability test systems, stress testers & performance analyzers, conformance analyzers, and protocol analyzers. The stress tester & performance analyzers segment is projected to hold a major market share of the total revenue during the forecast period.
The large segment is estimated to hold a major market share of the total revenue during the forecast period
In terms of organization size, the global LAN/WAN test equipment market is fragmented as small, medium, and large. Large organizations are projected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period. Large enterprises are expected to surpass small and medium enterprises, due to rising demand for LAN/WAN test equipment. Large enterprises have offices at several locations and the capability to invest in modern technology to run business efficiently, which is expected to drive the segment. Large organizations are largely in new technologies to surge overall efficiency and productivity.
The market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a significant CAGR during the forecast period
Based on regions, the global LAN/WAN test equipment market is classified as Asia Pacific, North America, Latin America, Europe, and Middle East & Africa. Growth of the market in Europe is attributed to rising usage of wireless networks. The market in North America is expected to expand at a robust CAGR during the forecast period. Growth of the market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand, owing to increasing infrastructure facilities and marketing efforts.
The global LAN/WAN test equipment market has been segmented on the basis of
- Managed Network Design Service
- Managed Network Monitoring Services
- Managed Network Implementation Services
- Support & Maintenance Services
- Interoperability Test Systems
- Stress Testers & Performance Analyzers
- Conformance Analyzers
- Protocol Analyzers
- Asia Pacific
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Harris Corporation
- Agilent Technologies
- AOIP SAS
- Fluke Networks
- Anritsu Corporation
- EXFO Electro-Optical Engineering Inc.
- Digital Lightwave Inc.
- Finisar Corporation
Key players in the global LAN/WAN test equipment market include Harris Corporation, Agilent Technologies, Ixia, AOIP SAS, Fluke Networks, Anritsu Corporation, EXFO Electro-Optical Engineering Inc., Digital Lightwave Inc., and Finisar Corporation.