Electronic Design Automation Software Market Outlook 2031
The global electronic design automation software market was valued at USD 9.36 billion in 2022 and is estimated to reach USD 18.79 billion by 2031, expanding at a CAGR of 8.05% during the forecast period, 2023 – 2031. The growth of the market is attributed to factors such as reduction in manual errors and minimal time and cost associated with electric circuit designs.
Electronic design automation (EDA), known as electronic computer-aided design (ECAD), is a form of software that is used to design and simulate electronic components including integrated circuits (ICs) and printed circuit boards (PCBs).
Electronic Design Automation Software Market Trends, Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities
- Factors expected to drive the market include the integration of machine learning concepts aimed at reducing design costs by allowing such learning.
- Progress in the consumer electronics industry and the rising popularity of FinFET architecture for modern processor design are expected to fuel the market.
- Consumer electronics are becoming lightweight and energy-efficient. Advanced electronic design and automation technologies capable of eliminating design gaps are required to design the chips needed for these appliances. This drives the EDA software market.
- Rising demand for condensed electronic components essential for smart handheld devices, car gadgets, and healthcare equipment compels ICs manufactures to minimize the size of ICs. This, in turn, drives the market.
- Growing trend of shrinking of ICs led IC manufacturers to shift to EDA software to design compact products, reduce errors associated with IC design process, and speed up the manufacturing process.
- Growing popularity of open source EDA software, especially among small businesses, is expected to reduce the demand for licensed tools and hinder the market growth.
- Increasing usage of PCs, networking devices, smartphones, and gaming consoles increased the adoption of high-speed System on Chip (SoC), which is is projected to boost the market.
- The use of cloud-based technology, which offers high processing power to EDA tools, is expected to drive the market.
Scope of Electronic Design Automation Software Market Report
The report on the global electronic design automation software market includes an assessment of the market, trends, segments, and regional markets. Overview and dynamics have also been included in the report.
Electronic Design Automation Software Market - Global Industry Analysis, Growth, Share, Size, Trends, and Forecast
End-Uses (Memory Management Units, Microprocessors & Controllers, and Others), and Regions
Asia Pacific, North America, Latin America, Europe, and Middle East & Africa
Company Share, Market Analysis and Size, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors, and Trends, and Revenue Forecast
Key Players Covered in the Report
Synopsis, Inc., Altium LLC, Cadence Design Systems, Inc., ANSYS, Inc., Mentor, Vennsa Technologies, and Silvaco, Inc.
Electronic Design Automation Software Market Segment Insights
The microprocessor & controller segment held more than 60% share of the total revenue in 2018
Based on end-uses, the global electronic design automation software market is segregated as memory management units, microprocessors & controllers, and others. The microprocessor & controller segment is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. The growth of the segment is attributed to increasing usage of microprocessors and controllers in media players, televisions, printers, laptops, and other consumer electronics.
Increasing usage of microprocessors and controllers in automated controls, sensing applications, and smartcard applications, along with changing processor dynamics in terms of processing power and size are anticipated to fuel the market during the forecast period.
The market in North America held more than 40% share of the total revenue in 2018
On the basis of regions, the global electronic design automation software market is classified as Asia Pacific, North America, Latin America, Europe, and Middle East & Africa. The market in North America is expected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period. Growth of the market is attributed to continuous deployment of autonomous, wired, and smart vehicles, as well as continuous rollout of infrastructure to connect these vehicles.
The market in Asia Pacific held about 30% share of the total revenue in 2018. The growth of the market is attributed to increasing population and subsequent rising demand for consumer electronics and intelligent devices, especially in developing countries such as China and India. Increasing usage of smartphones and rising number of companies in the region is estimated to boost the regional market. During the forecast period, China and India are projected to have a CAGR of more than 10% each.
The global electronic design automation software market has been segmented on the basis of
- Memory Management Units
- Microprocessors & Controllers
- Asia Pacific
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
Key players in the global electronic design automation software market include Synopsis, Inc., Altium LLC, Cadence Design Systems, Inc., ANSYS, Inc., Mentor, Vennsa Technologies, and Silvaco, Inc. Increasing number of foundries is forcing these companies to collaborate with the foundries to ensure that their EDA software are compatible with the manufacturing processes of the foundries.
These players focus majorly on mergers and acquisitions and expanding their distribution network, as part of their strategy to broaden their product range and improve their market position.
- In March 2018, Silvaco Inc. declared the acquisition of the NanGate, Inc., an EDA company, to extend its product range and fasten the delivery of tools and methodologies.
- Likewise, in September 2016, Altium LLC declared the acquisition of Transfer BV, a Dutch reseller, to expand its reach in Northern Europe by exploiting Transfer BV’s extensive network.