Rigid Box Packing Market Outlook
The global rigid box packing market size was valued at around USD 412.7 Billion in 2022 and is projected to reach around USD 662.52 Billion by 2031, expanding at a CAGR of 5.4% during the forecast period, 2023–2031. The growth of this market is attributed to the rise in the applications in electronics, personal care, pharmaceuticals, and food & beverage industry.
Rigid boxes are made with a strong paperboard. They come in many sizes as per requirements. They are widely known as the ‘set up’ boxes. These types of boxes are used in many industries such as pharmaceuticals, food & beverage, cosmetics, technology, and others.
Rigid boxes are durable, sturdy, aesthetic and have a smooth surface. Some rigid boxes have magnetic closure to secure packed products. The boxes are heavy due to their rigid nature. They require a lot of space for storage. The cost of rigid boxes varies according to its size and material.
Rigid Box Packing Market Trends, Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities
- Aluminium is widely used in making containers for the cosmetics and beverages industry owing to its durability and strength. Rise in the use of metal containers and cans is witnessed in the cosmetics and beverages industry. Nowadays, glass is commonly used in rigid packing industries. These factors tend to augment the market.
- Surge in demand for industrial wholesale packing is anticipated to drive market growth.
- Rigid box packing makes it easier to handle and transport goods, provides isolated storage environment for vulnerable goods, and ensures spill-proof packing which propels the market.
- Consumer preference to flexible packing, which gives economical and customizable options hinders market growth. Moreover, stringent rules and regulations against the use of plastic have made it difficult for the industry to flourish.
- The consistent rise in the disposable income of developing countries augments the demand for consumer goods and logistics industry, creating a vast opportunity for this market to grow. The increase in size of food & beverages market is anticipated to create large demand for long-term food storage.
- The upcoming trend of sustainable packing, which is also known as green packing has increased the demand for materials such as bioplastics in this market. This trend is expected to continue in the forecast period.
- Exponential rise in the e-commerce industry due to COVID-19. One of the most important components of this industry is packing. All the goods must be delivered to the consumers without any damage. This factor has given rise to a huge opportunity in the rigid box packing market.
- Stringent rules and regulations against the use of plastics as a raw material for rigid boxes which is estimated to restrict the growth of this market.
Scope of Rigid Box Packing Market Report
The report on the rigid box packing market includes an assessment of the market, trends, segments, and regional markets. Overview and dynamics have also been included in the report.
Asia Pacific, North America, Latin America, Europe, and Middle East & Africa
Company Share, Market Analysis and Size, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors, and Trends, and Revenue Forecast
Rigid Box Packing Market Segment Insights
Material Segment Analysis
On the basis of material, the rigid box packing market is divided into plastic, metal, paper, fabric, paperboard, and wood. The paperboard boxes are made up of thick paper sheets used for packing. They use overlaid embellished paper for aesthetics. The rise in use of these boxes in the food & beverage industry is expected to create an explicit opportunity of around US$ 550 Mn in coming years.
Box Lids Segment Analysis
In terms of box lids, the market is segmented into telescopic and hinged. The boxes which have separate lids are telescopic. They are further divided into full telescopes and partial telescopes. Boxes that have attached lids are called as hinged boxes. They are mostly used in packing cosmetics and consumer electronics.
Applications Segment Analysis
Based on applications, the rigid box packing market is trifurcated into food & beverage, pharmaceuticals, and consumer goods. Rigid boxes are most commonly used in packing of the consumer goods, which includes cosmetics, pens, cleaning products, watches, mobile phones, and others. The consumption of these goods has seen a sharp rise in developing countries, prompting a large demand for rigid boxes.
On the basis of regions, the global rigid box packing market is divided into Asia Pacific, North America, Latin America, Europe, and Middle East & Africa. Asia Pacific holds a large market share and is anticipated to expand at a robust CAGR in the forecasted period. This is attributed to the growth of pharmaceutical, e-commerce, and food & beverage industries.
The global rigid box packing market has been segmented on the basis of
- Food & Beverage
- Consumer Goods
- Asia Pacific
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Robinson Plc
- McLaren Packaging Ltd
- DS Smith
- Madovar Packaging LLC.
- Burt Rigid Box
- Elegant Packaging
- Elite Marking Systems
- Vivabox Solutions
- Bigso Box Of Sweden
- K Joshi & Company
- The Custom Luxury Packaging Experts
- ASIA KOREA PRINTING INC.
- Bell Printers
- Bell Printers
- Taylor Box Company
The key market players in this market are Robinson Plc, McLaren Packaging Ltd, DS Smith, PakFactory, Madovar Packaging LLC., Burt Rigid Box, Elegant Packaging, Elite Marking Systems, Vivabox Solutions, Bigso Box Of Sweden, JOHNSBYRNE, K Joshi & Company, The Custom Luxury Packaging Experts, ASIA KOREA PRINTING INC., Bell Printers, Bell Printers, and Taylor Box Company.