The green powder market size was valued at about USD 330 Mn in 2022 and is estimated to reach USD 952.5 Mn by 2031, expanding at a CAGR of 12.5% during the forecast period, 2023 – 2031. The market growth is attributed to rising health awareness and growing demand for green natural nutritional supplements across age groups.
Green powder is a dietary powder supplement utilized for fulfilling the daily intake of nutrition. Green powder supplements are rapidly becoming popular dietary supplement forms. These supplements are produced from green vegetables, edible grasses, seaweed, mushrooms, and fruits, among others. These items are well-dried first and then converted into powder format.
Green powder supplements are commonly taken in form of smoothies, mixed with water or juices. These supplements are a rich source of protein, carbohydrates, and vitamins. Other nutrition such as Calcium, Iodine, Chromium, Potassium, and Selenium can also be found in the green powdered supplements.
Not only does the green powder aid in the healthy growth of the body but also supports improving energy levels. Also, the powder can support detoxification to some extent. The supplements are commonly available in online and offline stores for purchase and are priced as per the usage of ingredients.
The market report finds that the COVID-19 pandemic has had a favorable impact on the green powder market growth. The guidelines released by World Health Organization (WHO) in July 2020, recommended bulk prescriptions of medications and nutritional supplements and delivery at home from drop-off points to meet the common health needs of individuals.
The purchase of immune health supplements as well as dietary enzyme supplements increased significantly over the last few years owing to a growing focus on physical and mental wellness. The increased health awareness and effort to enhance immune systems led to individuals around the globe buying various nutritional supplements in bulk volume on various e-commerce platforms.
Market Trends, Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities
- A high preference for smoothies and juice-format supplements is one of the major trends driving the green powder market growth. The powder supplements contain most of the daily essential nutrition requirements in them and can be easily taken in a smoothie or juice format.
- The growing lifestyle change owing to fast-paced living in urban parts of the world is likely to drive market growth significantly in the years to come. The demand for supplements that substitute having to include necessary nutritional foods in daily eating is a key factor boosting the market growth.
- The preference for green supplements over supplements made with artificial or chemical ingredients is another crucial driver for the market. The green powder supplements contain organic natural elements and are powdered with natural processors. The rising focus on personal well-being is playing a key role in individuals keeping a check on the food and supplements they intake, with added focus on chemical and natural ingredients used in their making.
- The high price and inability to meet expected results in some cases can act as some of the key restraints for the green powder market. Some of these supplements are claimed to be difficult to digest and do not provide the expected results. Additionally, the added elements for improving the flavor and taste can take away its value of being completely natural, which can further affect its demand in the market.
- The consumer preference for e-commerce platforms for buying nutritional supplements has increased substantially over the last few years owing to the growing usage of smartphones coupled with the availability of cost-friendly 4G/5G internet. Increasing focus on raising sales through online platforms is expected to create significant growth opportunities for the players in the market.
- The manufacturing of supplements focused on specific wellness purposes is likely to increase their demand in the market, as individuals search for supplements that provide results as per their requirements. The manufacturing of customized green powder for the unique fitness needs of individuals is anticipated to improve the growth prospect of the green powder market in the coming years.
Scope of Green Powder Market Report
The report on the global green powder market includes an assessment of the market, trends, segments, and regional markets. Overview and dynamics have also been included in the report.
Green Powder Market - Global Industry Analysis, Growth, Share, Size, Trends, and Forecast
2020 – 2021
Source Type (Grasses Sourced, Fermented Greens [Vegetables, Organic Fruits, Herb Blends, and Others], Marine Sourced, and Others), and Sales Channel (Offline [Hypermarkets, Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, and Independent Retailers] and Online)
Asia Pacific, North America, Latin America, Europe, and Middle East & Africa
Company Share, Market Analysis and Size, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors, and Trends, and Revenue Forecast
Key Players Covered in the Report
Purely Inspired; Ceautamed Worldwide LLC.; Nested Naturals Inc.; SaladPower; Amazing Grass; Vega; Iovate Health Sciences International Inc.; Naturo Sciences; Organifi; Athletic Greens; Vibrant Health; Garden of Life; Supergreen Tonik; Vital; and MacroLife Naturals
Green Powder Market Segment Insights
Based on the source type segment, the green powder market is divided into grasses sourced, fermented greens, marine sourced, and others. The fermented greens segment is further sub-categorized as vegetables, organic fruits, herb blends, and others.
The fermented greens source type segment is expected to expand at a significant growth rate during the projection period owing to the nutrient-rich benefits provided by these sources. Fermented greens supplements have lesser carbohydrates and are easier to digest. They are also helpful in improving energy levels.
The grasses sourced segment is anticipated to hold a key share of the market owing to the ease of sourcing different varieties of edible and nutritional grasses. As the demand for green powder is growing, producing supplements from grass sources is easily achievable for players in the industry. The ease of availability of various edible types of grass is likely to support the high-volume production of green powder during the projection period.
On the basis of the sales channel segment, the global market is bifurcated into offline and online. The offline segment can be subcategorized as hypermarkets, supermarkets, convenience stores, and independent retailers.
The offline sales channel segment is projected to hold higher revenue shares in the market owing to the rising availability of green powder supplements at retail stores and supermarkets. Consumer of various supplement products is anticipated to prefer adding green powder to their supplement intake, which is likely to support the growth of offline sales channels in the coming years.
The online sales channel segment is anticipated to gain significant revenue shares of the green powder market owing to the rising preference for online buying among consumers. Awareness about the various health benefits of green powders has been increasing at a robust pace around the world due to the emergence of various health issues including the COVID-19 pandemic in recent times. The ease of purchasing with lucrative discounting offers from e-commerce supplement platforms is likely to boost the market growth in the years to come.
Regional Analysis of the Green Powder Market
In terms of region, the global green powder market is classified as Asia Pacific, North America, Latin America, Europe, and Middle East & Africa.
North America is expected to dominate the market during the projection period owing to rising demand for supplements with natural ingredients such as plant protein among consumers. The preference for single-drink intake of required nutrition in a day in a smoothie or juice form is boosting the market growth in the region. Furthermore, the demand for green powder is considerably rising among the geriatric population as it provides key nutrition and does not require eating various whole food items.
Asia Pacific is projected to grow at a rapid pace in the market of a green powder, owing to rising sales of health supplements in the region. The presence of a large population pool in the major economies, India and China has significantly increased the market scope of the region. The rising health awareness among every age group has sharply increased sales of various supplement products in the region. The easy availability of green powder dietary supplements in retail and online stores is likely to further boost the market growth in Asia Pacific.
The global green powder market has been segmented on the basis of
- Grasses Sourced
- Fermented Greens
- Organic Fruits
- Herb Blends
- Marine Sourced
- Convenience Stores
- Independent Retailers
- Asia Pacific
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Purely Inspired
- Ceautamed Worldwide LLC.
- Nested Naturals Inc.
- Amazing Grass
- Iovate Health Sciences International Inc.
- Naturo Sciences
- Athletic Greens
- Vibrant Health
- Garden of Life
- Supergreen Tonik
- MacroLife Naturals
Key players competing in the green powder market are Purely Inspired; Ceautamed Worldwide LLC.; Nested Naturals Inc.; SaladPower; Amazing Grass; Vega; Iovate Health Sciences International Inc.; Naturo Sciences; Organifi; Athletic Greens; Vibrant Health; Garden of Life; Supergreen Tonik; Vital; and MacroLife Naturals.
These companies adopted development strategies including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaboration, product launches, and production expansion to expand their consumer base worldwide. The competitive landscape covers key insights into growth strategies adopted by major market players.
- In January 2021, Vega, introduced a new line of functional nutrition supplements Hello Wellness™. It is designed to celebrate the feeling of feeling good as these supplements support improving brain health, gut health, and energy levels.