The global WiMAX solutions market is projected to expand at a robust CAGR during the forecast period, 2021 – 2028. The growth of the market is attributed to simplified operations and virtualized workplaces.
WiMAX supports point-to-multiple point broadband access. WiMAX is similar to Wi-Fi. Both create hotspots. WiMAX can deliver up to 75 mbps broadband and can cover up to 31 miles. Its range is greater than WLAN and WLAN mesh. It provides wireless campus level network and last minute approach connectivity, providing internet service directly to customers. WiMAX is one of the most advanced technologies across the globe.
Market Trends, Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities:
- WiMAX is paired up with DVB-T to offer services, which is projected to drive the market during the forecast period.
- WiMAX provides features such as high speed and vast coverage along with multi-functionality such as telephone service, voice application, video streaming, and data transformation, which are anticipated to fuel the market during the forecast period.
- WiMAX provides network reliability to customers with its features such as flexibility and easy infrastructure.
- WiMAX offers high security attributed to its encryption system, which is estimated to boost the market.
- It provides high-quality service protection for streaming audio and video.
- WiMAX permits service providers to manage traffic on the basis of per subscriber agreement.
- WiMAX is cost-effective than 2G and 3G technologies, which is projected to propel the market.
- High speed and symmetrical bandwidth fulfills the needs of enterprises, customers, and public administrations.
- WiMAX offers opportunities for industry entrants by providing new networks, open standards, business models, and new frequency allocations.
- It opened the doors for new chipsets, next generation applications, and new devices, which is expected to drive the market.
- Signal interruption due to bad weather, high cost of installation and operation coupled with huge power consumption is projected to hamper the market growth.
- Advanced technologies integrated in WiMAX such as multiple-input-multiple-output (MIMO) and orthogonal frequency division multiplexing access (OFDMA) are projected to fuel the market.
Scope of the Report:
The report on the WiMAX solutions market includes an assessment of the market, trends, segments, and regional markets. Overview and dynamics have also been included in the report.
WiMAX Solutions Market - Global Industry Analysis, Growth, Share, Size, Trends, and Forecast
Products (stationary WiMAX, WiMAX on the move, and rural WiMAX) and Regions
Asia Pacific, North America, Latin America, Europe, and Middle East & Africa
Company Share, Market Analysis and Size, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors, and Trends, and Revenue Forecast
Key Players Covered in the Report
Huawei, Fujitsu, Motorola, Alcatel-Lucent, Samsung, Alvarion, Air Span, ZTE, Intel, Xilinx, Inc., Beceem Communications, and Packet one
Market Segment Insights:
The WiMAX on the move segment is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period
Based on products, the global WiMAX solutions market is segregated as stationary WiMAX, WiMAX on the move, and rural WiMAX. The WiMAX on the move segment is expected to hold a major share of the total revenue during the forecast period. Through WiMAX on move, consumers are able to connect to the network through a range of portable devices such as WiMAX-enabled phones, laptops, and mp3 players. The rural WiMAX segment is anticipated to fuel commerce and economy by offering enhanced communication and healthcare facilities worldwide.
Underdeveloped and developing countries are expected to adopt new technologies to fulfill market demand. Tax subsidies and incentives offered by legal organizations to bring broadband to rural regions are projected to fuel the market during the forecast period.
The market in North America is expected to hold a major market share of the total revenue during the forecast period
On the basis of regions, the global WiMAX solutions market is classified as Asia Pacific, North America, Latin America, Europe, and Middle East & Africa. The market in North America is estimated to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period. Growth of the market is attributed to rising demand from countries such as Canada, Mexico, and the US.
The market in Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a high rate, owing to technological advancement, infrastructure development, and increasing demand from developing countries such as India and China. Governments in several regions are concentrating on the growth of wireless broadband by issuing licenses and deregulating local frequency spectrum; thus making them available for public applications. This factor is estimated to be the major market driver. Increased demand from countries such as Japan, India, China, and South Korea propelled the market. Presence of key players in the region is projected to drive the market.
The global WiMAX solutions market has been segmented on the basis of
- Stationary WiMAX
- WiMAX on the Move
- Rural WiMAX
- Asia Pacific
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Air Span
- Xilinx, Inc.
- Beceem Communications
- Packet one
Key players in the global WiMAX solutions market include Huawei, Fujitsu, Motorola, Alcatel-Lucent, Samsung, Alvarion, Air Span, ZTE, Intel, Xilinx, Inc., Beceem Communications, and Packet one. Rising demand for wireless networks, increasing usage of internet in developing countries, and growing disposal income of consumers is boosting the WiMAX market. Furthermore, in the last few years, capital investment has increased, as network providers aim to gain advantage in the competitive market.