Italy Whey Protein Market Outlook 2031
The Italy whey protein market size was USD 191.05 Million in 2022 and is anticipated to reach USD 314.65 Million by 2031 expand at a CAGR of 5.7% during the forecast period, 2023 – 2031. The growth of the market is attributed to increasing demand for high nutritional products and functional beverages.
Whey proteins consist of α-lactalbumin, β-lactoglobulin, serum albumin, and immunoglobulins. It is marketed as a dietary supplement. For muscle growth, whey protein has been preferred more than casein and soy.
The primary objective of whey protein supplements is to improve muscle growth and development. During exercising, muscle proteins are broken down into free amino acids, and they undergo the process of oxidizing in mitochondria to produce energy. Eating whey protein supplements before the workout enhance the muscle recovery, as it increases the free amino acids in the body.
Italy Whey Protein Market Trends, Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities:
- Rising preference for natural products and increasing concerns regarding meat safety are expected to propel the whey protein market growth.
- Increasing demand for healthy and sustainable food is anticipated to positively impact the growth of market.
- Growing demand for ready-to-eat foods in fitness diet centers is speculated to drive the whey protein market.
- Increasing number of health & fitness centers is expected to boost the growth of the Italy whey protein market.
- The COVID-19 outbreak led to the closedown of fitness centers across the globe. This, in turn, had hampered the growth of the market in 2020. However, declining number of cases and relaxation in restriction are expected to foster the market growth.
- High cost of production of whey protein can hinder the market growth.
- Growing research and developments to explore various whey protein applications across food and beverages products by manufacturers in collaboration with the universities and institutes are expected to create lucrative opportunities for the market growth in the country.
Scope of the Italy Whey Protein Market Report
The report on the Italy whey protein market research report includes an assessment of the market, trends, segments, and regional markets. Overview and dynamics have also been included in the report.
Whey protein market - Global Industry Analysis, Growth, Share, Size, Trends, and Forecast
Types (Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Isolate, And Hydrolyzed Whey Protein) and Applications (Sports and Performance Nutrition, Infant Formula, And Functional/Fortified Food)
Company Share, Market Analysis and Size, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors, and Trends, and Revenue Forecast
Key Players Covered in the Report
Arla Foods, Carbery Group, Glanbia Plc, Lactalis Ingredients, Meggle Group, Fonterra Co-operative Group.
Italy Whey Protein Market Segment Insights
Whey protein isolate segment to account a major market share
Based on types, the market is divided into whey protein concentrate, whey protein isolate, and hydrolyzed whey protein. The whey protein isolate segment is anticipated to account for a major market share during the forecast period. Whey protein isolate is the purest form of whey protein. It contains more than 90% of protein. The high protein proportion with minimum or no lactose content. It also has low fat and carbohydrate proportion.
Whey protein isolate is suitable for people with lactose intolerance. The microfiltration of whey protein has higher biological value and the body can use it more effectively. Microfiltration takes place at low temperatures, low pressure and normal pH. Cross-flow microfiltration is the most preferred process by the key manufacturers. Increasing inclination toward fitness activities is driving the growth of the market segment.
Sports and performance nutrition segment to dominate the market share
On the basis of applications, the Italy whey protein market is segmented into sports and performance nutrition, infant formula, and functional/fortified food. The sports and performance nutrition segment is anticipated to dominate the market share during forecast period. Growing demand from the sports industry is expected to drive the whey protein market.
Increasing awareness among the mass to be fit and remain in shape along with enhancing the body immunity is anticipated to drive the demand for whey protein in urban and rural areas. Increasing number of muscle and fitness enthusiasts has prompted a growing consumer demand for protein sports beverages, specialized nutritional drinks, and nutritional snack bars.
The Market Italy whey protein has been segmented on the basis of
- Whey Protein Concentrate
- Whey Protein Isolate
- Hydrolyzed Whey Protein
- Sports And Performance Nutrition
- Infant Formula
- Functional/Fortified Food
Key players operating in the Italy whey protein market includes Arla Foods, Carbery Group, Glanbia Plc, Lactalis Ingredients, Meggle Group, and Fonterra Co-operative Group. Companies are engaging in partnerships and acquisitions to expand their market share.