The global seam welding machine market is estimated to expand at a considerable CAGR during the forecast period, 2021–2028 due to rising demand for seam welding machines from manufacturing and automotive industry. Seam welding machine is used to bind metal pieces by the ridges, either continuously or along a curve with a gas-tight seal. Seam welding machine uses heat to bind pieces of metals with the help of two electrodes. The materials to be joined together are passed through the electrodes to create a uniform welded assembly. Continuous seam welding produce fluid tight joints whereas intermittent seam welding is not fluid tight. Seam welding machine is majorly used in automotive and construction industry.
Market Trends, Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities:
- Consumer preference has shifted to automatic seam welding machine from manual seam welding machine in order to minimize operation time and expand production speed. This is expected to drive the market growth.
- Demand for seam welding is majorly being driven by increasing vehicle production. Major manufacturers are focusing on developing machines that follow the required industrial standards, which further pushes the development of the market.
- Respiratory conditions arising from the fumes generated by the manual seam welding process is a key challenge to many manufacturers owing to the growing governmental regulations on workplace safety. This is projected to hamper the market expansion.
Scope of the report:
The report on the global seam welding machine market includes an assessment of the market, size, share, trends, segments, and regional markets. Overview and dynamics have been included in the report.
2018 & 2019
Asia Pacific, North America, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
Market scope, analysis, share, competitive analysis, growth facts, restraints, opportunities, and revenue forecast
Global Seam Welding Machine Market Segment Insights:
Automatic seam welding machine in high demand
On the basis of operations, the market can be segregated into manual, semi-automatic, and automatic. Theautomatic segment is expectedto hold a significant share of the market owing to increasing demand for automatic seam welding machine as manual seam welding requires more time and can turn into a workplace hazard. Automatic machines increase production speed and capacity and is, thus, preferred by most end users.
Construction segment to hold major market share
In terms of end-users, the market can be segmented into construction, automotive, oil & gas, manufacturing and others. The construction segment is anticipated to boost the demand for seam welding machines which can be attributed to growing infrastructure building activities across the globe. On the other hand, the automotive segment is anticipated to show considerable growth during the forecast period as number of vehicles manufactured are increasing.
North America dominates the global market
Based on regions, the market can be classified as North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America holdsa significant share of the global market and is estimated to dominate the market during the forecast period. This is mainly due to deep-rooted and technologically superior manufacturers in the region along with the considerable increment in government investments in transportation, building, and infrastructure sectors. The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to develop at a fast pace during the forecast period owing to the rising industrialization and digitalization led by emerging economies especially China.
Segments Covered in the Report
The global seam welding machine market can be divided based on types, modes, operations, end-users, and regions.
- Resistance Seam Welding
- Longitudinal Seam Welding
- Continuous Seam Welding
- Intermittent Seam Welding
- Oil & Gas
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Da Jie Electricity Machinery Industrial Co. Ltd
- Weld Systems Integrators (WSI)
- Westermans International Ltd
- ARO Welding Technologies Ltd
- Schnelldorfer Maschinenbau GmbH
- Miller Electric Mfg. LLC
- UNITED PROARC CORPORATION
- DAHCHING ELECTRIC INDUSTRIAL CO. LTD
- Leister Technologies AG
- Fronius International GmbH
Major players in the global seam welding machine market includes Da Jie Electricity Machinery Industrial Co., Ltd, Weld Systems Integrators (WSI), Westermans International Ltd, ARO Welding Technologies Ltd, Schnelldorfer Maschinenbau GmbH, Miller Electric Mfg. LLC, UNITED PROARC CORPORATION, DAHCHING ELECTRIC INDUSTRIAL CO., LTD, Leister Technologies AG, and Fronius International GmbH.
Many companies have adopted research and development as a business strategy tool to withstand the competition along with expansions, joint ventures, acquisitions, and others to increase their market share. The strategies are aimed at providing better quality and new features to customers.