The global round nail clips market was valued at USD 1,280.9 Million in 2019 and is projected to reach USD 1,824.4 Million by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 4.7% during the forecast period. A cable clip is a device that handles wires and cables and secures them to a fixed point on the surface such as a wall, ceiling, or floor. The round nail clip is a type of cable clip. Currently, a wide variety in varying sizes and shapes are available to monitor cables for home and industrial applications. In this highly technical age, cables are indispensable. Furthermore, in an average household, cables can be found running between desktop computers, video projectors, television sets, DVD players, and speakers. With the proliferation of mobile devices such as tablets, PCs, smartphones, and laptops, charging cables are necessary to ensure sufficient levels of battery. Since cable clips are important, in terms of different transmission activities, cables must be kept coordinated and out of the way to avoid interruptions and obstructions.
The market is driven by factors such as increase in the demand for round nail clips from data centers and IT facilities, growth in the construction industry, rapid industrialization, urbanization, rise in the demand for power, and government initiatives to expand or upgrade transmission & distribution systems. Conversely, high market fragmentation and grey market providing low quality and inexpensive products are likely to restrain the market. Growth of the e-commerce industry and favorable renewable energy policies in key countries are boosting market growth.
Round Cable Clip
Round cable clips are a type of round nail clips, widely used for cable and wire management. These clips can accommodate several cables, including micro-USB cords, of varying widths. They are majorly used to manage cables and keep the cables in place for easy removal by individual slots. Round cable clip is available in many sizes from 1mm to 50mm. It is made from a circle wire fastener with steel nails for easy adhesion on surfaces. Rounded cable clips are widely used and are common in (and beyond) residences and workstations worldwide.
Earth Flat Cable Clip
Earth flat cable clips consist of a mounting base affixed with a cross section. Clams secure the cables and wires that pass through the cross sections. This is a key advantage of using earth flat cables. Furthermore, earth flat clips are connected with the conductors, thus they are used for connecting the ethernet wires and several other electrical round wiring in residential and commercial buildings.
By Clip Size
Based on clip sizes, the market is categorized as less than 9mm, 9mm-15mm, and above 15mm. The 9mm-15mm segment held a significant share of the market in 2019 due to its increasing use in various industries. Moreover, growing use of 9mm-15mm cables in several household is fueling segment growth. 9mm-15mm cable clips are widely used for fitting several cables across commercial and residential settings, thus rising urbanization fuels the 9mm-15mm segment. The rising construction activities has led to the rise in the adoption of clips for connecting the cables, which are some of the factors, which contributes for the growth of the segment. The clips are less costly, which is also one of the factors, which contributes for the growth of the segment.
The 9mm-15mm clips are used for fixing cables have a diameter of more than 10mm. These stainless-steel round nail clips are non-toxic and heat resistant. These 9mm-15mm clips are used for managing high definition multimedia interface (HDMI) cables having a diameter between 9mm and 15mm. These clips are used for connecting wires in industrial and commercial spaces.
Round nail clips above 15mm are widely used in commercial and industrial spaces. Their wide diameter is advantageous for connecting several cables. These clips are composed of plastic and stainless steel, which provides durability. This, in turn, fuels the usage of round nail clips having a diameter of more than 15mm.
By Sale Channel
An online portal is a type of distribution channel, which uses electronic media. It is often defined as buying or selling services or goods over a public network without a physical media by uploading information to the Internet for users to view and choose from. This method of delivery is open to a vast number of customers and is cost-effective for businesses, as a physical media is not required. Online retailing has grown immensely popular over the last 15 years and some industrial evaluation analysts have shown the phenomenal growth in online retailers as the main cause for failure and shutdown of many traditional brick and mortar stores.
The offline distribution channel is a primary distribution channel used in regions where the Internet penetration is less. Offline sales often create substantial opportunities for cross-selling and upselling, thereby serving as massive collection repositories of additional customer data. Offline retailers have modified their prices to reduce the growth of the online sales. This, in other words, increases pricing competition on offline sales channels by the presence of online retailers.
In terms of regions, the round nail clips market is classified as North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa. North America accounts for a significant share of the market, followed by Europe. The market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a significant CAGR during the forecast period. The growth of the market in Asia Pacific is attributed to the substantial rise in several manufacturing sectors such as electronics. Moreover, rising number of construction projects in the region due to rapid industrialization and urbanization is expected to boost the demand for round nail clips. The growth of round nail clips market in North America is attributed to the presence of established players in the region that are developing and introducing products into the market.
Key Benefits for Industry Participants & Stakeholders
- In-depth analysis of the Global Round Nail Clips Market
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of value and volume
- Potential & niche segments and Region exhibiting promising growth covered
- Industry drivers, restraints and opportunities covered in the study
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape & strategies of key players
- Neutral perspective on Global Round Nail Clips Market performance
- Round Cable Clip
- Earth Flat Cable Clip
By Clip Size
- Less than 9mm
- Above 15mm
By Cable Size
- Less than 4mm
- Above 10 mm
By Sales Channel
- Company-owned Websites
- Electrical Wholesaler/Distributor
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
Key Market Players Profiled in the Report
- ABB LTD.
- CAMSCO ELECTRIC CO., LTD
- ECM Industries, LLC.
- Hont Electrical Co.,Ltd.
- HUA WEI INDUSTRIAL CO., LTD.
- NIKO Electric Co.,Ltd
- Professional Wenzhou HuiDa Plastic Co. Ltd.
- Schneider Electric
- WENZHOU MOGEN ELECTRIC CO., LTD
- Zhejiang JiuHong Electric Co., Ltd.
- Zhejiang Yaonan Electric Co., Ltd.
- Blackburn & Co. Pvt. Ltd.
- YUEQING BOESE ELECTRONIC PLASTIC CO., LTD
- Key players in the market include Schneider Electric, Hont Electrical Co.,Ltd., Zhejiang Yaonan Electric Co., Ltd., Zhejiang JiuHong Electric Co., Ltd., ABB LTD., and NIKO Electric Co., Ltd. These players are considered as key manufacturers of the market based on their different varieties of product availability, regional presence, better supply chain management system, and increasing demand for products.
- These players are adopting key strategies such as product development and geographical expansion to increase their presence in the round nail clips market.
- In 2020, ABB Ltd. strengthened its presence in Switzerland by investing around USD 24.14 million in an office and research & development center for its motion and automation business segment.
- In 2020, Schneider Electric signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Saudi Arabian Oil Co., which is a Saudi Arabia-based company to collaborate on assessing emerging technologies based on the open-process automation standard (O-PAS).
- In 2019, HUA WEI INDUSTRIAL CO., LTD. extended its product portfolio by launching polypropylene cable ties. These cable ties have high resistance to chemical such as solution, bases, acids, and salts.
- In 2019, Schneider Electric opened its smart distribution center in India. This smart distribution center is located in Mumbai, Maharashtra. It has been digitally renovated with Schneider Electric’s EcoStruxure architecture to provide real-time access and more energy efficiency through the supply chain.