The global roll slitting machine market is projected to expand at a considerable CAGR during the forecast period, 2021–2028. The growth of the market is attributed to rising demand for packaging application across the globe.
Roll slitting machine alternatively known as baloney slicer, bologna cutter, or log slitter is an industrial equipment used for chopping down large parent rolls of materials such as metal, fabrics, and paper into smaller rolls of specific dimensions. Being versatile in nature, roll slitting machine can truncate materials such as fabric, paper, foil, adhesive tapes, and polymers. Advanced roll slitting machines features include monitoring the roll movement, which minimizes the wastage.
Market Trends, Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities:
- Increasing metal cutting in the manufacturing sector is propelling the sales of roll slitting machines.
- Rising demand for roll slitting machines owing to the rapid growth of plastic and paper & pulp industries is expected to propel the market growth.
- Automation and artificial intelligence (AI)-based cutting solutions are improving the efficiency of the machines, thereby boosting the global roll slitting machines market during the forecast period.
- The COVID pandemic negatively impacted the manufacturing industry, which in turn, halted the production. Moreover, International trades were severely impacted, which reduced the global demand for roll slitting machines.
- Growing penetration of e-commerce activities across the globe is increasing the requirement of packaging, which in turn, is increasing the demand for roll splitting machine in packaging industry.
- Major companies in the market are investing in research & development activities and are engaging in adding features such as automatic knife positioning systems, data collection, and other benefits to minimize the need of human intervention. This factor is expected to drive the market growth.
Scope of the report:
The report on the global roll slitting machine market includes an assessment of the market, size, share, trends, segments, and regional markets. Overview and dynamics have been included in the report.
2018 & 2019
Asia Pacific, North America, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
Market scope, analysis, share, competitive analysis, growth facts, restraints, opportunities, and revenue forecast
Global Roll Slitting Machine Market Segment Insights:
Paper & pulp and textile together hold major chunk of the market
On the basis of industry, the market can be segregated into paper & pulp, textile, polymers, packaging, foil, and others. Roll slitting machines are used in the decoration, digital printing, and aerospace industry to cut rolls of various fabrics. However, the paper & pulp and textile segment accounts for large market share.
Slitter Rewinders is the most demanded roll slitting machine
Based on types, the roll slitting machine market can be segmented into log slitters and slitter rewinders. The slitter rewinders segment held a majority of market share, in terms of revenue. This is due its flexibility to cut various materials effectively across various industries which is driving the growth of the market segment. Slitter rewinders are versatile and highly efficient machines, which can perform unwinding and rewinding operations even on extremely large rolls.
North America holds the largest share in global market
In terms of regions, the market can be divided into Asia Pacific, North America, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is anticipated to hold a major share of the market owing to the increasing in the number of manufacturing activities in the region. The market in Asia Pacific is foreseen to expand the use of roll slitting machine due to the rising development in the packaging industry during the forecast period.
Segments Covered in the Report
The global roll slitting machine market can be segmented on the basis of
- Paper & Pulp
- Log Slitters
- Slitter Rewinders
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Dah Bah Machinery Industrial Inc.
- CMC Converting Machinery Cevenini Srl
- Ghezzi & Annoni
- H. R. (Paper) Machinery Private Limited
- Rosenthal MFG
- K M Trivedi Engineering Pvt. Ltd.
- Universal Converting Equipment
- Kuen Yuh Machinery Engineering Co. Ltd.
- Orion Graphic Machinery
- Yo Den Enterprises Co. Ltd.
- Jota Machinery
- Azad Paper Industries
Major players in the global roll slitting machine market include Dah Bah Machinery Industrial Inc, CMC Converting Machinery Cevenini Srl, Ghezzi & Annoni, H. R. (Paper) Machinery Private Limited, Rosenthal MFG, K M Trivedi Engineering Pvt. Ltd., Universal Converting Equipment, Kuen Yuh Machinery Engineering Co., Ltd., DCM-ATN, Orion Graphic Machinery, Oteman, Yo Den Enterprises Co., Ltd, Jota Machinery, Svegea, Azad Paper Industries. Many companies are investing in research & development to withstand the competition and increase their market share.