The Global Primary Cells Market size was valued at USD 1.17 Billion in 2022 and is expected to surpass USD 2.77 Billion by 2031, expanding at a CAGR of 10.07% during the forecast period, 2023 – 2031. The growth of the market is attributed to increasing cancer research, growing prevalence of cancer, increasing investment in medicine research, rapid expansion in the biopharmaceutical and biotechnology industry, and growing need for monoclonal antibodies.
Primary human cells of the body are isolated from normal human body tissue or blood cells, using an enzymatic or mechanical method. The primary cells are able to maintain their fundamental cellular functions. This is one of the most important factors influencing their demand. 3D cell culture, virology, cancer research, stem cell therapy, and tissue restoration are few applications where primary cells are used.
Primary cell culture is beneficial for many research projects, which is anticipated to boost the market. Researchers are increasingly adopting primary cells to study cell biology and biochemistry, medication effects, cell signaling, and cell-pathogen interactions in 3D cell culture.
Market Trends, Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities
- Growing ongoing research for cancer & innovations in its treatment are estimated to fuel the market in the coming years. Use of primary cells is crucial in this research. These cells are useful for the development of cancer biomarkers and medication screening.
- Rising use of stem cell therapy to treat cancer and genetic abnormalities increased the demand for primary cells across the world, which is projected to boost the market during the forecast period.
- Rapid growth of technological advancements in healthcare and pharmaceutical sectors are spurring the market growth during the forecast period.
- Increasing demand for monoclonal antibodies, rising applications in genetic engineering and virology, and growing demand from developing countries are anticipated to fuel the market in the coming years.
- Increasing concerns about primary cell culture contamination are projected to hinder the market growth during the forecast period. One of the most common problems in cell culture laboratories is primary cell culture contamination. Contaminated cells harm cell physiology and frequently result in inaccurate conclusions or the loss of unique cell lines.
- Rising usage of primary cells in 3D cultures for advance scientific research is estimated to create immense opportunities for market players. Primary cells are widely used in 3D cultures, as they produce more accurate results than regular cell lines.
Scope of Primary Cells Market Report
The report on the global primary cells market includes an assessment of the market, trends, segments, and regional markets. Overview and dynamics have also been included in the report.
Primary Cells Market - Global Industry Analysis, Growth, Share, Size, Trends, and Forecast
Origins (Animal Primary Cells and Human Primary Cells), Types (Dermatocytes, Hematopoietic Cells, Gastrointestinal Cells, Heart Cells, Hepatocytes, Lung Cells, Cryopreserved Hepatocytes, Renal Cells, Fresh Hepatocytes, and Musculoskeletal Cells), End-users (Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies and Medical, and Research Institutes)
Asia Pacific, North America, Latin America, Europe, and Middle East & Africa
Company Share, Market Analysis and Size, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors, Trends, and Revenue Forecast
Key Players Covered in the Report
ZenBio, Inc., Stem Cell Technologies, Promocell, ALLCells, Cell Applications, Inc., Sigma-Aldrich, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Cureline, American Type Culture Collection, Lonza Group, Cell Applications, Inc., Pelobiotech, Axol Bioscience Ltd, Cell Biologics, Inc., AG, and Creative Bioarray.
Global Primary Cells Market Segment Insights
Based on origins, the market is divided into animal primary cells and human primary cells. In the primary cells market, the human primary cells segment holds the highest share. The human primary cell segment is expected to account for a key share of the market during the forecast period, due to growing use of human primary cells in the development of new cancer medicines and rising financing for cell therapy research and development.
In terms of types, the global primary cells market is segregated into dermatocytes, hematopoietic cells, gastrointestinal cells, heart cells, hepatocytes, lung cells, cryopreserved hepatocytes, renal cells, fresh hepatocytes, and musculoskeletal cells. The hematopoietic cells segment is anticipated to dominate the market during the forecast period, due to rising number of cell research projects and increasing pervasiveness of blood cancer.
Based on end-users, the market is segmented into pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies and medical and research institutes. The pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies’ segment is projected to represent a key share of the market during the forecast period, as these companies use primary cells as drug carriers and for cytotoxicity of new drugs.
On the basis of regions, the global primary cells market is classified as Asia Pacific, North America, Latin America, Europe, and Middle East & Africa. North America is expected to dominate the market at a high CAGR during the forecast period. The regional market growth is attributed to increasing number of players releasing new human primary cells for research, expansion of the pharmaceutical and biotechnology sectors, growing focus on R&D, and rising prevalence of cancer in the region.
- Animal Primary Cells
- Human Primary Cells
- Hematopoietic Cells
- Gastrointestinal Cells
- Heart Cells
- Lung Cells
- Cryopreserved Hepatocytes
- Renal Cells
- Fresh Hepatocytes
- Musculoskeletal Cells
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
- Medical and Research Institutes
- Asia Pacific
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
By Key Players
- ZenBio Inc.
- Stem Cell Technologies
- Cell Applications Inc.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- American Type Culture Collection
- Lonza Group
- Cell Applications Inc.
- Axol Bioscience Ltd
- Cell Biologics Inc. AG
- Creative Bioarray
Key players in the primary cells market include ZenBio, Inc., Stem Cell Technologies, Promocell, ALLCells, Cell Applications, Inc., Sigma-Aldrich, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Cureline, American Type Culture Collection, Lonza Group, Cell Applications, Inc., Pelobiotech, Axol Bioscience Ltd, Cell Biologics, Inc., AG, and Creative Bioarray.