The global pedestrian detection systems market size is anticipated to expand at a robust CAGR during the forecast period, 2021-2028. The growth of the market is attributed growing emphasis on the safety of passengers and pedestrians Moreover, rising number of accidents is driving the market growth.
Pedestrian detection system uses advanced sensors to detect human movements. Some types of systems can apply the brakes immediately if the driver fails to respond. It notifies the driver or apply the brakes automatically if someone is walking on the road in the middle of a certain speed range - usually about 25 mph
Most pedestrian detection systems use front-facing cameras or radar or both to detect objects in front of a car. The system processes the information feed through sensors and respond often faster than a human driver, when a crash appears imminent. Automatic emergency braking with pedestrian detection brakes are automatically applied to prevent a collision or reduce impact force on the contact with pedestrians or bicyclists while the car is traveling in the forward direction.
Market Trends, Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities:
- Increasing demand for premium vehicles is one of the major drivers that is contributing to the growth of the market.
- Growing awareness among consumer to use of pedestrian detection system is expected to augment the global pedestrian detection systems market growth.
- Difficulty in detecting pedestrians during bad weather conditions can hinder the growth of the market.
- Performance can be easily affected by background clutter and occlusions, which in turn, can impede the market growth.
- The outbreak of COVID-19 has negatively impacted the pedestrian detection systems market owing to the disruption in the supply chain. However, the market is anticipated to recover soon due to the acceleration in the vaccination drive across the globe. Moreover, relaxation in restriction is expected to proliferate the market growth during the forecast period.
- Increasing investment in R&D activities and ongoing technological advancements in self-driving car developments are anticipated to create lucrative opportunities in the projected timeline.
Scope of the Report
The report on the global pedestrian detection systems market includes an assessment of the market, trends, segments, and regional markets. Overview and dynamics have also been included in the report.
Pedestrian Detection Systems Market - Global Industry Analysis, Growth, Share, Size, Trends, and Forecast
Types (Video, Infrared, Hybrid, and Others)
North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
Company Share, Market Analysis and Size, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors, and Trends, and Revenue Forecast
Key Players Covered in the Report
Continental Reifen Deutschland GmbH, Mobileye, Robert Bosch GmbH, FLIR Systems Inc., Toyota Motor Corporation, and DENSO Corporation
Pedestrian Detection Systems Market Segment Insights:
Infrared segment to account a major market share
Based on types, the market is divided into video, infrared, hybrid, and others. The infrared segment is anticipated to account for a major market share during the forecast period. IR sensors can easily detect moving objects. Infrared temperature sensors are well suited to measure the temperature of tires, brakes, and similar devices. IR sensors do not wear. It provides more information during calibration than communication devices, by simply pointing at various locations in the object being read during the movement of the car.
Europe to account a significant market share
On the basis of regions, the market is segregated into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East and Africa. Europe is anticipated to account for a significant market share during the forecast period. Growing focus toward both passengers’ safety and pedestrians; safety is increasing the demand for advanced driver assistance systems (ASAS) among auto manufacturers. Collision warning systems has been rising to reduce the number of accidents and fatalities. The department of transportation has made it mandatory to incorporate forward collision avoidance technology system in vehicles from 2017 onward. This system is a combination of long-range detection, which is expected to bolster the pedestrian detection systems demand studied in the region.
Segments Covered in the Report
The Global pedestrian detection systems have been segmented on the basis of
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Continental Reifen Deutschland GmbH
- DENSO Corporation
- Toyota Motor Corporation
- FLIR Systems Inc.
The major players of the market are Continental Reifen Deutschland GmbH, Mobileye, Robert Bosch GmbH, FLIR Systems Inc., Toyota Motor Corporation, and DENSO Corporation.
Companies are investing in research and development, and focusing on joint ventures and acquisitions to expand their market share.