The global in-game advertising market is projected to expand at a robust CAGR during the forecast period, 2021 – 2028. The growth of the market is attributed to rising demand for mobile and social gaming.
In-game advertising allows advertisers to incorporate advertisements in mobile and desktop games through cut-scenes, commercials, background displays, and billboards.
In-Game Advertising Market Trends, Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities:
- In-game advertisements are estimated to have an audio-visual influence on viewers, causing long lasting and favorable impact on them.
- In-game advertisements enable seamless experience and non-interruption for players.
- Factors such as minimized advertising expenses, increased reach and return on investments, easy configuration, and rapid integration of advertisements in social games are projected to boost the market.
- Incorporation of several payment schemes for gaming minimizes frauds, which is estimated to drive the market.
- Growing availability of free mobile games that monetize through in-game ads is expected to drive the market.
- In-game advertisements help game developers to generate extra revenue, which is anticipated to drive the market.
- In-game advertisements have tracking and location features, which provide location-specific advertisements to consumers.
- Increasing usage of smartphone users in emerging countries and increasing number of active online players are expected to drive the market.
- Decreasing product lifecycle along with rising time and cost of development of new games is projected to hinder the market growth.
- Decreasing interest of gaming companies due to decreased revenues is estimated to hamper the market growth.
- Advertisements with low consumer impact are difficult to restrict, which acts a challenge to the market growth.
- Over-interrupting and unrelated advertisements are expected to hamper the market growth.
Scope of the In-Game Advertising Market Report:
The report on the global in-game advertising market includes an assessment of the market, trends, segments, and regional markets. Overview and dynamics have also been included in the report.
In-Game Advertising Market - Global Industry Analysis, Growth, Share, Size, Trends, and Forecast
Devices (Desktop, Tablets, and Mobile), Applications (Online and Standalone), and Regions
Asia Pacific, North America, Latin America, Europe, and Middle East & Africa
Company Share, Market Analysis and Size, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors, and Trends, and Revenue Forecast
Key Players Covered in the Report
Media Spike Inc., RapidFire, Giftgaming, PlaywireMedia, Engage Advertising, Electronic Arts Inc., and Double Fusion
In-Game Advertising Market Segment Insights:
The online segment is projected to hold a major market share
Based on applications, the global in-game advertising market is bifurcated into online and standalone. The online segment is expected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, due to rapid integration and high consumer reach. Increasing usage of smartphones, growing internet penetration, and rising popularity of online games is projected to boost the market. Standalone gaming integration is costly and permanent. This source of advertising has a great impact on consumers in lesser time.
The mobile game segment is attributed to expand at a substantial CAGR during the forecast period
On the basis of devices, the global in-game advertising market is fragmented as desktop, tablets, and mobile games. Dynamic real time in-game advertisements, displayed as hoardings or posters during a play, are expected to boost the market. The mobile game segment is expected to hold a major market share, owing to launch of several online games and rising usage of smart phones. Increasing middle class population and rising disposal income is anticipated to propel the market.
The desktop segment is projected to expand at a considerable rate during the forecast period, attributed to large number of PC game players worldwide. Desktop provides high graphic resolutions for games. This is anticipated to enhance the consumer experience and drive the market.
The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to hold a major market share
In terms of regions, the global in-game advertising market is classified as Asia Pacific, North America, Latin America, Europe, and Middle East & Africa. The market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a robust CAGR during the forecast period, due to surging social gaming and mobile gaming users. India is expected to account for a high market share, owing to surging mobile game players, due to rising young population.
The market in North America is expected to expand at a substantial CAGR during the forecast period. The growth of the market is attributed to early adoption of technology and presence of state-of-art gaming infrastructure in countries such as Canada and the US.
The global in-game advertising market has been segmented on the basis of
- Asia Pacific
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
Key players in the global in-game advertising market include Media Spike Inc., RapidFire, Giftgaming, PlaywireMedia, Engage Advertising, Electronic Arts Inc., and Double Fusion.
In May 2014, Rapidfire obtained IGA Worldwide’s Radial Networks technology. The company is projected to account for a major market share, owing to its wide tie-ups with video games developers. Double Fusion is estimated to emerge as a leading player in in-game advertising, attributed to its web-based advertising services. In 2015, Google launched a player analytics advertisement tool for developers. This tool allows developers to boost in-app purchases, set revenue goals, develop custom advertisements, and analyze player spending. Electronic Arts Inc. is estimated to make in-game advertisements automated and scalable.