The global exosomes market is estimated to expand at a substantial CAGR during the forecast period, 2021-2028. Exosomes are membrane-bound vesicles produced by most eukaryotic cells. They appear in several body fluids that comprise RNA and proteins. These body fluids assist in intercellular communication and can transfer molecules between cells. They possess ability to circulate proteins and are used for therapeutic purposes such as drug delivery systems and biomarkers besides the treatment of cancer and cardiovascular diseases. Nanovesicles play a key role in intercellular communication and are projected to observe a size able rise in R&D, which is expected to boost revenue growth of the market in the coming years.
Exosomes Market Trends, Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities:
- Rising pervasiveness of cancer, technological improvements in exosome isolation, and analytical procedures are key driving factors of the market.
- Exosomes extricated from cow milk are utilized for the delivery of therapeutic molecules to fight breast and lung cancer. The anti-cancer vaccines possess the ability to cross the biological barriers. Hence, the rise in the number of cancer cases directly upsurges the demand for exosomes used for therapeutics and diagnosis.
- Technical complications in the employment of exosomes is a major hindrance to the development of the exosomes market.
- Challenges such as rising the homogeneity of exosomes, streamlining of purification, and efficient transfection strategies are expected to create major hurdles of the market.
- The cumbrous isolation techniques and the incapability to determine cancer stages along with inadequate comprehension of the immune system are some key challenges for the market.
- Strict regulatory regarding the approval of exosomes related products is another key retraining factor that can impede the market growth during the forecast period.
Scope of the Exosomes Market report:
The report on the global exosomes market includes an assessment of the market, size, share, trends, segments, and regional markets. Overview and dynamics have been included in the report.
2018 & 2019
Asia Pacific, North America, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
Market scope, analysis, share, competitive analysis, growth facts, restraints, opportunities, and revenue forecast.
Global Exosomes Market Segment Insights:
Therapeutic segment to show immense growth
On the basis of applications, the global exosomes market can be segmented into diagnostics and therapeutics. The therapeutic segment is anticipated to grow significantly as exosomes possess the competence to act as excellent therapeutic platform for multiple ailments including SARS-CoV-2. Exosomes can be used in clinical applications for tissue regeneration and can by-pass cellular toxicity and immune rejection while delivering therapeutic cargo components. Exosomes possess properties to be a great drug delivery vehicle and high biocompatibility to deliver proteins, chemicals, and nucleic acids.
mRNA to hold a significant market share
Based on types, the global exosomes market can be divided into non-coding RNAs, mRNA, proteins, DNA fragments, and lipids. The mRNA segment is anticipated to hold a considerable share of the market during the forecast period as it acts as intercellular communication mediators, transporting the mRNA transcripts to cells all over the body. Exosomes derived from dendritic and mesenchymal stem cells with therapeutic potential are efficient agents against diseases; thus, impacting positively on the mRNA segment.
North America constitutes a large share of the global market
In terms of regions, the global exosomes market can be classified as North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America holds a significant share in the exosomes market, which can be attributed to enhanced healthcare infrastructure, efficient government rules, and wide awareness among public about healthcare and diagnostics. The market in Asia pacific is anticipated to grow in terms of revenue during the forecast period owing to gradual progress in acquiring infrastructure for exosomes development.
Segments Covered in the Report
The global exosomes market can be divided based on types, products, isolation methods, applications, and regions.
- Non-coding RNAs
- DNA Fragments
- Kits &Reagents
- Immunocapture on Beads
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Codiak BioSciences
- Evox Therapeutics Limited
- HansaBioMed Life Sciences
- Illumina Inc.
- Miltenyi Biotec
- Norgen Biotek Corp
- System Biosciences LLC
- Takara Bio Company
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
The global exosomes market is extremely competitive due to the huge number of competitors. Major players in the global exosomes market include Codiak BioSciences, Evox Therapeutics Limited, HansaBioMed Life Sciences, Illumina Inc., Lonza, Miltenyi Biotec, Norgen Biotek Corp, System Biosciences, LLC, Takara Bio Company, and Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. Many companies have adopted R&D as a business strategy tool to withstand the competition. Some of them are actively involved in other market activities such as expansions, joint ventures, acquisitions, and others to increase their market share. The strategies are aimed at providing better quality and new features to customers.