Critical Infrastructure Protection Market Outlook 2031
The global critical infrastructure protection market size was USD 91.02 billion in 2022 and is estimated to reach USD 167.34 billion by 2031 register a substantial CAGR of above 7% during the forecast period, 2023–2031. The growth of the market is attributed to factors such as supporting the seamless progression and assimilation of modern society.
Furthermore, the performance, reliability, safety, continuous maintenance, operation, and protection of critical infrastructure are among the national priorities for countries around the world which is likely to drive the market.
Critical infrastructure protection corresponds to the surveillance and response to serious incidents that involve the critical infrastructure of a region or nation. It includes transportation, banking and finance, energy and power, defense, and others. The increasing requirement to safeguard these infrastructures from such attacks leads to the adoption of critical infrastructure protection solutions.
Furthermore, it also provides controls to secure communication between devices, stabilize the device, and to manage and monitor the connected devices. Moreover, it implements physical security control and cyber security controls.
The Covid-19 pandemic had a adverse impact on the critical infrastructure protection market. The demand security solution has declined owing to the ongoing crisis; however, the government’s steps and strategies have helped to neutralised the situation. This pandemic has encouraged the key players to implement advance technologies to overcome these challenges and expand the market growth.
Critical Infrastructure Protection Market Trends, Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities
- Increasing number stringent government regulations and practices to surge the adoption of CIP solutions for the nation’s safety is expected to drive the market during the forecast period.
- Rising deployment of automation solutions, IT expenditure, and efficient policies and regulations are anticipated to fuel the market in coming years.
- Increasing security breaches and cyber threats & attacks are likely to boost the critical infrastructure protection market.
- Growing demand for secure OT networks is projected to propel the market.
- Lack of knowledge and technically skilled force about industrial control systems are expected to impede the growth of the critical infrastructure protection market.
- High procurement costs of CIP solutions are projected to hinder the market during the forecast period.
- R&D investment and technological advancement in the critical infrastructure protection market are expected to offer lucrative opportunities for the market players.
Scope of the Critical Infrastructure Protection Market Report
The report on the critical infrastructure protection market includes an assessment of the market, trends, segments, and regional markets. Overview and dynamics have also been included in the report.
Critical Infrastructure Protection Market –Global Industry Analysis, Growth, Share, Size, Trends, and Forecast
Security Technology (Network Security, Physical Security, Vehicle Identification Management, Secure Communications, Building Management Systems, Scada Security, Radars, and CBRNE), Services (Risk Management Systems, Managed Services, Maintenance & Support, Designing, Integration, and Consultation), Vertical (Transportation, Energy & Power, and Sensitive Infrastructure & Enterprises)
Asia Pacific, North America, Latin America, Europe, and Middle East & Africa
Company Share, Market Analysis and Size, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors, and Trends, and Revenue Forecast
Key Players Covered in the Report
BAE Systems; Honeywell International Inc.; EMC Corporation; General Electric; and McAfee Inc.
Critical Infrastructure Protection Market Segment insights
The physical security segment is projected to constitute a large market share
Based on security technology, the critical infrastructure protection market is segregated into network security, physical security, vehicle identification management, secure communications, building management systems, scada security, radars, and CBRNE.
The physical security segment is expected to account for a key share of the market during the forecast period owing to increasing threats to physical assets, rising terrorist attacks around the world, and government regulations and practices.
The risk managements segment is expected to register a substantial CAGR
Based on services, the market is divided into risk management systems, managed services, maintenance and support, designing, integration, and consultation. The risk management systems segment accounts for a key share of the market and is estimated to propel even further over the forecast period followed by designing and integration & consulting.
Increasing security breaches and cyber threats & attacks are primarily responsible for the segment growth during the forecast period.
The sensitive infrastructure & enterprises segment is estimated to expand at a robust pace
Based on vertical, the market is classified into transportation, energy & power, and sensitive infrastructure & enterprises. The sensitive infrastructure & enterprises segment is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace in coming years. Banking & financial services, government facilities & defense services, holy places & public places, stadiums, chemical sector, communication systems, and manufacturing sector are part of sensitive infrastructure & enterprises and are highly critical assets and they form a country’s important infrastructure.
Thereby, Critical infrastructure protection provides solutions for this infrastructure to offer safety and security to customers.
North America is expected to dominate the market
In terms of regions, the market is broadly classified into Asia Pacific, North America, Latin America, Europe, and Middle East & Africa. The market in North America is anticipated to expand at a robust CAGR during the forecast period. Susceptibility to terrorism, cyber hijacking, and other local threats in the region are expected to drive the market growth in near future;
However, the market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a robust rate during the forecast period. Rising cyber threats, constant threat of terrorism, and increasing investment in infrastructure protection in this region are the key factors projected to surge the demand for critical infrastructure protection during the forecast period.
The critical infrastructure protection market has been segmented on the basis of:-
- Network Security
- Physical Security
- Vehicle Identification Management
- Secure Communications
- Building Management Systems
- Scada Security
- Risk Management Systems
- Managed Services
- Maintenance & Support
- Designing, Integration
- Energy & Power
- Sensitive Infrastructure & Enterprises
- Asia Pacific
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
Key players competing in the critical infrastructure protection market include BAE Systems; Honeywell International Inc.; EMC Corporation; General Electric; and McAfee Inc.
Some of these players are using several market strategies such as mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, capacity expansion, and product launches to enhance their market shares. For instance,
- In June 2020, Kuwait Integrated Petroleum Industries Company (KIPIC) have took part in strategic collaboration, signing a five-year, multi-million dollar contract for services to protect, optimize and maintain operations at the Al Zour refinery and liquefied natural gas import (LNGI) terminal in southern Kuwait.
- In Jan 2020, The Company joint force with Amossys at International Cybersecurity Forum (FIC). The partnership has three focus areas i.e. detecting vulnerabilities, studies & innovation work (AI) and the development of Airbus’s cyber range platform.