The global commercial touch display market is projected to expand at a CAGR of 12% during the forecasted period, from 2021 to 2028. Touch displays refer to innovative and interactive form of digital signage, which is used with just the touch of a finger.
Touch displays offer high levels of accuracy and quick response time, and can be integrated with edge-to-edge glass on displays, which have extensive use in public areas. Increase in the adoption of touchscreen displays with improved customer experience, and high adoption of energy-efficient, technologically advanced, attractive, and high-end-specification display products. These are some of the factors fueling the market.
Commercial Touch Display Market COVID-19 Analysis
COVID-19 outbreak emerged as a global pandemic, which adversely impacted various industries and economies globally. The pandemic resulted in the disruption of supply chain and suspended all the business activities in all industries and caused revenue loss for all market players. Supply chain disruption caused shortage of raw material and labor forces due to application of lockdown with stringent measures. COVID-19 impacted the commercial touch display market, which is expected to revive in near future.
Market Dynamics (Trends, Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities)
- Increase in adoption of energy-efficient, technologically advanced, attractive, and high-end specification display products is a prominent factor driving the market
- Technological advancements have improved the features of the displays leading to higher resolutions, better contrast ratios, light weight, and higher power efficiency commercial touch displays, while reducing the prices. These, in turn, are expected to fuel the market during the forecasted period.
- High costs incurred for customization of touch display and associated devices is a major restrain of the market
- Growing use of artificial intelligence (AI) in commercial touch displays and other devices is expected to create lucrative opportunities in the market during the forecasted period.
- Rising investments in the market and favorable regulations are anticipated to create opportunities in the market.
Scope of Commercial Touch Display Market Report
The report on global commercial touch display market includes an assessment of the market, size, share, trends, segments, and regional markets. Overview and dynamics have been included in the report that throws light on the different market segments for a comprehensive understanding.
Global Commercial Touch Display Market - Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast
2016 to 2019
Products (Monitors, Signage Displays, POS Terminals, Open Frame Touchscreen Displays, and Medical Displays), Touch Technology (Resistive, Capacitive, Surface Acoustic Wave, and Infrared), Resolutions (HD, FHD, 4K), Applications (Indoor and Outdoor), Sizes (7-27, 28-65, more than 65), Aspect Ratios (Wide and Square), Industries (Retail, Hospitality, & BFSI; Corporate; Transportation; Sports & Entertainment,; Healthcare; and Education)
Asia Pacific, North America, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
Market scope, analysis, share, competitive analysis, growth facts, restraints, opportunities, and revenue forecast
Key Players Covered in the Report
Samsung Electronics, NEC Corporation, Qisda Corp., AU Optronics , Leyard Optoelectronics (Planar), LG Electronics, Innolux Corporation, BOE Technology, Sharp (Foxconn), and Panasonic.
Commercial Touch Display Market Segment Overview
Based on products, the global commercial touch display market is segmented into monitors, signage displays, open frame touchscreen displays, and PoS terminals. The open frame touchscreen displays segment holds a dominant share of the market owing to the increase in adoption touchscreen displays in major sectors such as retail, hospitality, and healthcare.
On the basis of touch technology, the global commercial touch display market is segregated into resistive, capacitive, surface acoustic wave, and infrared.
In terms of applications, the market is bifurcated into indoor and outdoor. The indoor segment is expected to account for a large share of the market during the forecasted period due to the increase in the demand for commercial displays in sport stadiums, airports, retail stores, and restaurants.
Based on resolutions, the commercial touch display market is fragmented into HD, FHD, and 4K. The 4K segment is projected to grow at a significant CAGR during the forecast period due to the increase in features offered by 4K displays such as high frame rates and high image definition, which is anticipated to increase the demand for 4K resolution displays. The FHD segment is expected to create lucrative opportunities in the near future.
On the basis of aspect ratios, the market is divided into wide and square. The wide displays segment accounted for a key share of the market and it holds a dominant share of the market owing to the high demand for displays having high resolution for better viewing experiences.
In terms of sizes, the global commercial touch display market is trifurcated into7-27”, 28-65”, and more than 65”. The 26 to 65 inches segment dominated the market and is expected to grow at a considerable pace during the forecast period, as these are preferred in various establishments.
Based on industries, the market is segregated into retail, hospitality, & BFSI; corporate; transportation; sports & entertainment; healthcare; and education., The retail, hospitality, & BFSI segment accounted for large share of the market in 2020 and expected to gain traction in the near future.
On the basis of regions, the global commercial touch display market is split into North America Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. The market in Asia Pacific is projected to grow at a significant pace during the forecasted period due to the boom in the retail sector and rising investments in infrastructure development in emerging countries.
- In March 2020, NEC Corporation entered into a joint venture with Sharp Corporation for the development and production of visual solutions, which is expected to enable both the companies to provide the visualization needs for their global customers.
- In March 2020, Elo partnered with Intuiface by combining Intuiface’s content delivery software with Elo’s touchscreen technology, agencies, integrators, and enterprises to create best-in-class interactive digital experiences.
- In January 2020, Samsung Electronics launched the latest retail innovative solution, which is created to help brick and mortar retailers featuring greater in-store experience for customers, by its latest display solutions, mobile devices, and behavior-sensing technologies.
- In November 2019, Leyard and Planar introduced the Planar VS Series, having rental and staging LED video wall displays, built for easy assembly and transport, which adapts to diverse environments and fast serviceability.
- Signage Displays
- Open Frame Touchscreen Displays
- PoS Terminals
- Medical Displays
- Surface Acoustic Wave
- Retail, Hospitality, & BFSI
- Sports & Entertainment
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Samsung Electronics
- Qisda Corp.
- NEC Corporation
- AU Optronics
- Leyard Optoelectronics (Planar)
- LG Electronics
- Innolux Corporation
- BOE Technology
- Sharp (Foxconn)
The major players in the global commercial touch display market include Samsung Electronics, NEC Corporation, Qisda Corp., AU Optronics , Leyard Optoelectronics (Planar), LG Electronics, Innolux Corporation, BOE Technology, Sharp (Foxconn), and Panasonic.