The global carrier Ethernet equipment marketis projected to expandat a substantial CAGR during the forecast period, 2021–2028. The growth of the market is attributed to thegrowing adoption of IP-based next-generation networks.
Carrier Ethernet is the use of high bandwidth technology for internet access and communication. Carrier Ethernet equipment is the equipment that allows telecommunication service providers to provide Ethernet services as carriers to shift towards packet-based and IP networks. Ethernet services include E-Tree, E-Line, and E-LAN. Carrier Ethernet switches are extensively used to access,aggregate data, and to offer secure bandwidth in the edge layers of carrier network.
Rapid growth in the telecom industry has created various opportunities for the growth of carrier Ethernet equipment market in the recent years. A significant share of the telecom sector is held by Internet and connectivity services such as broadbands, Wi-Fi, and other connectivity modes. The demand for Ethernet equipments has increased owing to the increasing demand for internet connectivity in the key regions. The telecom facilities enable seamless communication across regional and international territories. Thus, the global Ethernet equipment market is expected to grow at a high rate during the forecast period.
Ethernet is emergingas the universal protocol used in local area network (LAN) due to its easy use and simplicity. Ethernet simplifies the interconnection between telecom equipment such as routers to routers, DSLAMs to routers or routers to optical gear. Owing to such benefits, the global Ethernet equipment market is expected to grow during the forecast period.
Increasing demand for mobile broadband and wireless technology is projected to revive the need for higher bandwidth and scalable infrastructure. Carrier ethernet equipment acts as a supporting infrastructure and service. It is used to deploy business, mobility services, and triple-play. Additionally, they support three major applications that include mobile backhaul, business services, and network infrastructure including data center interconnect.
Market Drivers, Restraints, Trends, and Opportunities
- Growing demand to reduce the total expenditure by service providers is projected to drive the market during the forecast period.
- The risingadoption of carrier ethernet for mobile backhaul and rise in demand for EADs is expected to positively impact the growth of the market.
- Carrier ethernet equipment offers various benefits such as scalability, reliability, and cost-effectiveness. This is expected to fuel the market during the forecast period.
- Growing use of ethernet for higher bandwidth at low cost is projected to spur the market.
- Surging demand for wireless backhaul markets as carrier Ethernet equipment is expected to drive the market during the forecast period.
- Factors such as escalating transformation of network to IP-enabled next-generation networks and increasing demand for EADs are estimated to boost the market.
- Shifting consumer inclination towards green carrier ethernet equipment to reduce energy consumption is expected to significantly drive the market during the forecast period.
- Increasing video traffic from business, consumers, and mobile backhaul networks is projected to boost the demand for carrier ethernet equipment during the forecast period.
- Changing preference of telecom operators from TDM to IP packet-based next-generation networksis projected to boost the carrier ethernet equipment market during the forecast period.
- Consistent rise in the bandwidth usageand supportfromstandard bodies’ efforts are projected to fuel the market demand during the forecast period.
- Increasing demand of businesses for metro Ethernet services is projected to positively impact the market.
- Significant growth in the IP-enabled mobile, video, and data networks is expected to propel the market demand.
- Increasing demand for carrier Ethernet business services from new or existing customers is expected to boost the market..
- Enhanced network reliability and consistency of Ethernet equipment are some of the key factors driving the market.
- Rapid advancement in technologies encourages the end-users to delay equipment purchases; this is expected to pose a challenge to the market growth.
- Interoperability issues areexpected to hamper the growth of global carrier Ethernet equipment market.
Scope of the Report
The report on the global carrier ethernet equipment market includes an assessment of the market, trends, segments, and regional markets. Overview and dynamics have also been included in the report.
Carrier Ethernet Equipment Market - Global Industry Analysis, Growth, Share, Size, Trends, and Forecast
Applications (Residential, Businesses, Enterprise and Mobile Applications)
Asia Pacific, North America, Latin America, Europe, and Middle East &Africa
Company Share, Market Analysis and Size, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors, and Trends, and Revenue Forecast
Key Players Covered in the Report
Cisco Systems Inc., Alcatel-Lucent SA., Huawei Technology Co. Ltd., Ericsson Inc., Fujitsu Ltd., Hitachi Cables Ltd., Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd., Bharti Airtel, Sharp Corporation, J A Solar Holdings Co. Ltd., Suntech Power Holdings Co. Ltd., Juniper Networks Inc., Silk telecom and NextGen Network
Global Carrier Ethernet Equipment Market Segment Insights
Enterprise segment projected to constitute a significant market share.
On the basis of applications, the global carrier Ethernet equipment market is segregated into residential, business, enterprise, and mobile applications. The enterprise segment is projected to hold a significant share of the market during the forecast period. Leading enterprises in emerging economies such as India and China are boosting the segment. Growing adoption of carrier Ethernet by enterprises is attributedto the provided flexibility to quickly increase the bandwidth or expand to new locations. Carrier Ethernet offers uniform capabilities to enterprise network endpoints with less network administration.
The business segment is expected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period due to increasing demand for high speed network. Organizations are replacing wireless backhaul networks with carrier Ethernet equipment as a cost-effective solution as compared to traditional services.
Asia Pacific market anticipated to holda majormarket share.
In terms of regions, the market is classified as Asia Pacific, North America, Latin America, Europe, and Middle East & Africa. The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to constitute a considerable share of the market during the forecast period. The growth of the market in Asia Pacific is attributed to growing consumer demand andincreasing adoption of advanced technologies by telecom operators in this region.
The market in North America is expected to expand at a substantial CAGR during the forecast period owing to the presence of major service providers and equipment vendors in the region. Furthermore, various telecom operators in the region are switching their traditional telecom technology into advanced versions. This is expected to drive the market during the forecast period. Rising adoption of 100 GbE switches due to the rising demand for high-speed networks is projected to fuel the segment during the forecast period.
The global carrier Ethernet equipment market has been segmented on the basis of
- Mobile Applications
- Asia Pacific
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Cisco Systems Inc.
- Alcatel-Lucent SA.
- Huawei Technology Co. Ltd.
- Ericsson Inc.
- Fujitsu Ltd.
- Hitachi Cables Ltd.
- Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd.
- Bharti Airtel
- Sharp Corporation
- J A Solar Holdings Co. Ltd.
- Suntech Power Holdings Co. Ltd.
- Juniper Networks Inc.
- Silk telecom
- NextGen Network
Some of the key players in the global carrier Ethernet equipment market are Cisco Systems Inc., Alcatel-Lucent SA., Huawei Technology Co. Ltd., Ericsson Inc., Fujitsu Ltd., Hitachi Cables Ltd., Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd., Bharti Airtel, Sharp Corporation, J A Solar Holdings Co. Ltd., Suntech Power Holdings Co. Ltd., Juniper Networks Inc., Silk telecom, and NextGen Network.
Companies are focusing on adopting various business strategies to attract a large number of consumers and improve their market presence.