The South America bottled water market size is anticipated to expand at a considerable CAGR during the forecast period, 2021–2028. The growth of the market is attributed to the increasing bottling capacity owing to rising population.
Water is an essential component for all forms of life on earth, especially for human beings. Bottled water is the water that is consumed solely for the purpose of drinking and comes in packaged bottle and is convenient to carry. Most of the water that is obtained from natural water bodies are polluted and contains various dissolving impurities, viruses, chemicals, and microbiological bacteria. Bottled water is a purified form of water from these natural sources.
Bottled water is drinking water packaged in plastic or glass water bottles. It is available in different types such as well water, distilled water, mineral water, or spring water. Bottled water may be carbonated or not and are available in various sizes ranges from small single serving bottles to large carboys for water coolers.
Bottled water is sealed in a sanitary container, and sold for human consumption. It is often stored as part of an emergency kit in case of natural disaster. Factory containers of water have an indefinite shelf life, as long as they remain unopened and undamaged. The sell-by date is voluntarily and individually set by manufacturers to indicate the life of plastic until its begins to leach into the water.
Market Trends, Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities
- Rising demand for clean, flavored, and hygienic drinking water is projected to boost the market growth during the forecast period.
- Increasing demand for bottled water with added minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants is anticipated to boost the growth of the market.
- Growing inclination toward bottled water is speculated to positively influence the market growth.
- Portability, easy usage & installation process, and minimal maintenance cost are some of the key factors stimulating the growth of the market.
- Inefficient and absence of water supply management in some of the residential areas are likely to play an important role in fuelling the growth of the bottled water market.
- Rapid expansion of restaurants and increasing food outlets are projected to boost the market during the forecast period.
- The Covid-19 pandemic has transformed the market landscape, restraining the market growth.
- Environmental impact of plastic bottles and stringent government regulations are key factors that can hamper the market growth.
- Increasing R&D investments and ongoing technological advancements on the development of sustainable bottles are projected to offer significant opportunities for the market players during the forecast period.
Scope of the Report
The report on the South America bottled water market includes an assessment of the market, trends, segments, and regional markets. Overview and dynamics have also been included in the report.
Bottled Water Market - South America Industry Analysis, Growth, Share, Size, Trends, and Forecast
Types (Still Water, Sparkling Water and Functional Water) Distributions (Supermarkets & Hypermarkets, Convenience Stores, Home & Office Delivery (HOD), On-trade, and Others)
Company Share, Market Analysis and Size, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors, and Trends, and Revenue Forecast
Key Players Covered in the Report
FineWater, Media, LLC, Nestle, Danone, THE COCA-COLA COMPANY, and Pepsico.
South America Bottled Water Market Segment Insights
Functional water segment is projected to account for a large market share
Based on types, the market is divided into still water, sparkling water, and functional water. The functional water segment is projected to account for a large market share during the forecast period owing to additional nutritional boost that this type of water provides to consumer. The broken water molecules clusters makes boiling point higher in case of functional water, which improves the hydration and nutritional capabilities of the water. This, in turn, has a positive health impact on diabetic and chronic diarrhoea patients.
Supermarkets & hypermarkets segment is expected to grow at a rapid pace
In terms of distribution, the market is classified into supermarkets & hypermarkets, convenience stores, home & office delivery (HOD), on-trade, and others. The supermarkets & hypermarkets segment is anticipated to grow at a rapid pace during forecast period due to availability and accessibility to various types of bottled water. Additionally, bundling strategy and economic pricing has increased sell of the bottled water in this distribution segment.
Segments Covered in the Report
The South America bottled water market has been segmented on the basis of
- Still Water
- Sparkling Water
- Functional Water
- Supermarkets & Hypermarkets
- Convenience Stores
- Home & Office Delivery (HOD)
- FineWaters Media,LLC
- THE COCA-COLA COMPANY
Key players competing in the South America bottled water market are FineWater, Media, LLC, Nestle, Danone, THE COCA-COLA COMPANY, and Pepsico.
The South America bottled water market is rapidly growing owing to presence of few global players and a large number of local players with private label bottled water products.