The global bare metal cloud market size was valued at USD 4.3 billion in 2020 and is expected to expand at a substantial CAGR during the forecast period, 2021–2028. The growth of the market is attributed to the growing demand for high performance and flexible cloud services.
Bare metal cloud is a single tenant server with a non-virtualized cloud infrastructure. It allows an organization to rent dedicated servers and hardware resources from a remote cloud service provider. It delivers high performance and cost-effective solutions for organizations, which are ideal for companies under strict regulatory requirements and perform short-term and data-intensive functions without any overhead delays.
Bare metal cloud is based on high performance, highly configurable, and on-demand cloud resources that are gaining significant popularity among multinational companies. It enables its users to rent hardware sources from managed services providers or public cloud service providers.
Some factors driving the bare metal cloud market include rising demand for scalable, flexible, efficient & easy IT infrastructure, low CAPEX & OPEX, and rapidly increasing data traffic. Bare metal cloud services are available with hourly and monthly pricing model, as well as different on-demand storage and processing capacity.
Market Trends, Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities
- Growing number of data centers, growth in colocation services, and streaming cloud computing are encouraging businesses to invest in bare metal cloud services, which in turn, are projected to boost the market during the forecast period.
- Data storage servers and existing computing hardware are components of a remotely provisioned service for users, hence cloud computing services are majorly attracting investment in the market.
- Many enterprises started shifting away from servers towards cloud-based subscription services, thus driving the market.
- Internap Corporation’s bare metal machine configuration was at 32 %, which is less expensive than the same configuration running on IBM Corporation cloud. This factor is expected to spur the market.
- Companies are utilizing bare metal cloud services over private clouds, where service providers manage the hypervisor layer for their customers. This is expected to propel the market.
- The backup and replication server requires exactly the same hardware while restoring the failed bare metal system, which is anticipated to hamper the market in the coming years.
- Restoring bare metal is a difficult process for most organizations. Vendors require intensive exercise through the dry run of restoring. These factors are expected to hinder the market growth.
- In April 2020, IBM lowered their prices on bare metal servers and included up to 20TB of bandwidth with new competitive prices, due to the pandemic. This is creating significant opportunities for the market players.
Scope of the Report
The report on the global bare metal cloud market includes an assessment of the market, trends, segments, and regional markets. Overview and dynamics have also been included in the report.
Bare Metal Cloud Market - Global Industry Analysis, Growth, Share, Size, Trends, and Forecast
Enterprise Size (Small & Medium Enterprises and Large Enterprises), End-user Verticals (Banking, Financial Services & Insurance (BFSI), Retail, Healthcare, IT & Communication, and Other End-user Industries)
Asia Pacific, North America, Latin America, Europe, and Middle East & Africa
Company Share, Market Analysis and Size, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors, and Trends, and Revenue Forecast
Key Players Covered in the Report
IBM Corporation, Oracle Corporation, Rackspace Inc., Centurylink Inc., Internap Corporation, Packet, Datapipe, Inc., Scaleway, Limestone Networks Inc., and Bigstep Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Market Segment Insights
Large enterprises segment is anticipated to dominate the market
In terms of enterprise size, the market is bifurcated into small & medium enterprises and large enterprises. The small & medium enterprises segment is anticipated to dominate the market, due to requirement of streamlining data operations. Moreover, medium-scale enterprises use cloud-based data storage for storing and networking a large amount of information generated by various industries.
BFSI segment is expected to grow at a rapid pace
Based on end-user verticals, the market is divided into banking, financial services & insurance (BFSI), retail, healthcare, IT and communication, and other end-user industries. The BFSI segment is expected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period, owing to requirement of bare-metal cloud services with rising transactions.
North America to hold a key market share
On the basis of regions, the market is classified as Asia Pacific, North America, Latin America, Europe, and Middle East & Africa. North America is expected to hold a key share of the market during the forecast period, owing to factors such as presence of a huge number of end-users, early adoption of servers to improve the capabilities, large-scale adoption of the companies switch toward SaaS-based capabilities, and implementation of digital business strategies.
The global bare metal cloud market has been segmented on the basis of
- Small and Medium Enterprises
- Large Enterprises
- IT and Communication
- Other End-Users Industries
- Asia Pacific
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- IBM Corporation
- Oracle Corporation
- Rackspace Inc.
- Centurylink Inc.
- Internap Corporation
- Datapipe, Inc.
- Limestone Networks Inc.
- Bigstep Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Key players competing in the bare metal cloud market include IBM Corporation, Oracle Corporation, Rackspace Inc., Centurylink Inc., Internap Corporation, Packet, Datapipe, Inc., Scaleway, Limestone Networks Inc., and Bigstep Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Key players in the industry are focusing on organic growth strategies to maintain their position.