China Automotive Actuators Market Outlook 2031:
The China Automotive actuators market size was valued at USD 7.45 Billion in 2022 and is projected to reach USD 12.19 Billion by 2031, expanding at a CAGR of 5.62% during the forecast period 2023 - 2031. The growth of the market is attributed to its rising demand for fuel efficient vehicles, increase in price of energy and oil and continuous pressure and regulations from government bodies. Furthermore, these actuators aid in reducing road fatalities and in fuel pumps, electronic parking brake and head light lifts.
An actuator is an indispensable element of electronic control systems in vehicles that takes in the energy supplied to it in the form of mechanical and electrical energy and converts this energy into motion or force. It is responsible for the conversion of the electrical signals from the control unit into action. Most actuators are in the form of electro-magnetic valves or electric motors. They adjust flaps and further, regulate the flow of fluids to build up pressure.
The actuators drive motion and force in a variety of applications such as operating low power switches, flaps, valves and high-power hydraulic devices. The automotive actuators have undergone several technological advancements with time and have evolved from simple mechanical actuators to electronic EGR system, electronic brake system, electronic throttle body, active grill shutter and power seats.
The Covid-19 pandemic had an unpleasant impact on the China automotive actuators market. The production has been on halt and both the demand and supply ware affected. The market suffered significant loss; however, the government’s steps and strategies have helped to neutralised the situation. This pandemic has encouraged the key players to implement advance technologies to overcome these challenges and expand the market growth.
China Automotive Actuators Market Trends, Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities
- Rising demand for automatic hydraulic transmission systems is estimated to boost the market growth during the forecast period.
- Growing production of high-end cars, rising disposable income and increasing demand for automobiles is projected to drive the demand for actuators.
- growing trends and shifting customer preferences for more safety and comfort, from manual to semi-automatic or fully automatic transmission system is estimated to spur the market growth in coming years
- Rising use of embedded electrical systems in vehicles is projected to drive the demand for actuators, which in turn, boost the market growth.
- Rising consumer awareness regarding adoption of automobiles that are fuel-efficient and give high performance is a major factor driving the growth for the market of actuator.
- Technological advancements and innovations in actuators in order to enhance the vehicle fuel efficiency are estimated to spur the market growth in near future.
- High repair costs and replacement of actuators is expected to impede the market growth.
- Startup, assembly and maintenance of automotive actuators require large space which is anticipated to hinder the market growth.
- R&D investment and technological advancement in the China automotive actuators market are expected to offer lucrative opportunities for the market players.
Scope of Automotive Actuators Market Report
The report on the China automotive actuators market includes an assessment of the market, trends, segments, and regional markets. Overview and dynamics have also been included in the report.
China Automotive Actuators Market -Industry Analysis, Growth, Share, Size, Trends, and Forecast
Actuator Type (Hydraulic Actuator, Electric Actuator, and Pneumatic Actuator), Application Type (Throttle Actuator, Seat Adjustment Actuator, Brake Actuator, Closure Actuator (Window, Door and Sunroof), and Others), and Vehicle Type (Passenger Car and Commercial Vehicle)
Company Share, Market Analysis and Size, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors, and Trends, and Revenue Forecast
Key Players Covered in the Report
Danso Corporation, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, Nidec Corporation, Hitachi Ltd and Continental Ag
China Automotive Actuators Market Segment insights
The electric actuator segment is expected to dominate the market
Based on actuator type, the China automotive actuators market is divided into hydraulic actuator, electric actuator, and pneumatic actuator. The electric actuator segment is anticipated to expand at a robust CAGR during the forecast period. Characteristics such as lesser emission of heat, lower noise emission, design, and offer flexible installation options are expected to drive the market growth in near future.
The throttle actuator segment is projected to constitute a large market share
Based on category, the China automotive actuators market is segregated into throttle actuator, seat adjustment actuator, brake actuator, closure actuator and others. The throttle actuator segment is expected to account for a key share of the market during the forecast period owing to its application in noise optimization, reducing fuel consumption and engine ware and tear by escalating the engine RPM.
The throttle actuator implicates the conversion of the mechanical force applied on the accelerator pedal, into consistent throttle control, which involves suitable opening of the throttle valve, in the engine combustion chamber.
The passenger car segment is expected to register a substantial CAGR
Based on application, the China automotive actuators market is divided into passenger car and commercial vehicle. The passenger car segment accounts for a key share of the market and is estimated to propel even further over the forecast period owing to continuously variable transmission passenger vehicles and rising demand for automatic hydraulic transmission.
The China automotive actuators market has been segmented on the basis of
- Hydraulic Actuator
- Electric Actuator
- Pneumatic Actuator
- Throttle Actuator
- Seat Adjustment Actuator
- Brake Actuator
- Closure Actuator (Window, Door and Sunroof)
- Passenger Car
- Commercial Vehicle
Key players competing in the China automotive actuators market include Danso Corporation, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, Nidec Corporation, Hitachi Ltd and Continental Ag.
Some of these players are using several market strategies such as mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, capacity expansion, and product launches to enhance their market shares.