Asia Pacific Molluscicides Market Outlook 2031
The Asia Pacific molluscicides market size was valued at USD XX Billion in 2022 and is likely to reach USD XX Billion by 2031, expanding at a CAGR of 3.4% during the forecast period, 2023–2031. The growth of the market is attributed to rising awareness about mollusks control among farmers and the introduction of eco-friendly molluscicides products.
Molluscicides are the pesticides that are used for controlling mollusks that are primarily used in agriculture and gardening to protect or control gastropod pests, especially slugs and snails. Molluscicides are also known as snail baits, slug pellets, or snail pellets.
The mollusc species has become one of the major threats, causing huge agricultural losses. These species are majorly seen in cereal crops, such as wheat, barley, oats, and also in horticultural crops. Molluscs damage crops and other valued plants as they feed on them. Different types of chemicals are used for controlling mollusks which are considered relatively non-toxic.
Molluscicide resistance is the natural ability of mollusks to survive exposure to strong active chemicals due to genetic modification and exhibits low susceptibility levels. Damage caused by snails and slugs to crops varies considerably with the season.
They feed both above and below the surface of the ground, such as seeds and seedlings, and damages shoots, roots, leaves, and flowers, therefore reducing plant stand and crop yield. Chemical methods based on ferric phosphate, metaldehyde, and methiocarb helps in control or elimination of slug and snails.
Asia Pacific Molluscicides Market Trends, Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities
- Rising adoption of agrochemicals and infestation of golden apple snail in the rice fields is anticipated to boost the market growth.
- Increasing commercial production of horticulture crops such as fruits, vegetables, herbs, and nuts is projected to spur the market growth during the forecast period.
- The emergence of new types of harmful organisms have increased the demand for novel active ingredient products to safeguard crops, spurring the market growth in the coming years.
- Growing demand for refined and varied characteristic horticulture crops is estimated to spur the market expansion.
- Increasing demand for food production is stimulating the market growth.
- Available land mass for agriculture is shrinking due to the increased effect of urbanization that propels farmers to use various molluscicides to maintain soil health and increase land productivity. Thus, such factors are fueling the growth of the market.
- Different control methods are employed by farmers against slugs and snails, which causes significant damage to crops, creating challenges for the market growth during the forecast period.
- Increasing R&D investments and ongoing technological advancements in agriculture have led to shift in farming practices. This, in turn, is expected to create lucrative opportunities for the market players.
Scope of Asia Pacific Molluscicides Market Report
The report on the Asia Pacific molluscicides market includes an assessment of the market, trends, segments, and regional markets. Overview and dynamics have also been included in the report.
Molluscicides Market - Asia Pacific Industry Analysis, Growth, Share, Size, Trends, and Forecast
Types (Ferric Phosphate, Metaldehyde, Methiocarb, and Niclosamide) and Applications (Grains & Cereals, Pulse & Oilseeds, Fruits & Vegetables, Plantation Crops, Others)
China, India, Japan, Australia, and Rest of Asia Pacific
Company Share, Market Analysis and Size, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors, and Trends, and Revenue Forecast
Key Players Covered in the Report
Bayer Crop Science AG, Greenriver Industry Co. Ltd, De Sangosse, UPL Ltd, and Lonza Cologne GmbH.
Asia Pacific Molluscicides Market Segment Insights
Types Segment Analysis
On the basis of types, the market is divided into ferric phosphate, metaldehyde, methiocarb, and niclosamide. The metaldehyde segment is expected to account for a major market share during the forecast period owing to its wide usage in molluscicides products. This is due to the easy availability and inexpensive nature.
Applications Segment Analysis
In terms of applications, the market is segmented into grains & cereals, pulse & oilseeds, fruits & vegetables, plantation crops, and others. The grains & cereals segment is anticipated to register a healthy CAGR during the forecast period. Growing demand for the production of the high-value crops is driving the segment growth.
Geography Segment Analysis
On the basis of geography, the market is categorized as China, India, Japan, Australia, and Rest of Asia Pacific. India is anticipated to dominate the market during the forecast period. The regional market growth can be attributed to accounting for a significant percentage of the global population by 2050. Thus, increasing usage of crop protection chemicals in order to rise food production is expected to foster the market growth in the country.
The Asia Pacific molluscicides market has been segmented on the basis of
- Ferric Phosphate
- Grains and Cereals
- Pulse & Oilseeds
- Fruits & Vegetables
- Plantation Crops
- Rest of Asia Pacific
Key players competing in the Asia Pacific molluscicides market include Bayer Crop Science AG, Greenriver Industry Co. Ltd, De Sangosse, UPL Ltd, and Lonza Cologne GmbH.